Morph's Power Mimic (DY)

Started by poneill378, March 30, 2015, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

How does Power Mimic copy a card, and in what order is what should be discussed.  Is Power Mimic all legal cards at all times, or is it declaired as being played, then obtain the aspect of the card in which it is copying?

breadmaster

that is a tricky one.  I'd also lean towards that it can't be played from reserve

OP GOD

It mimics the whole card.  Text and all. If it says in the text may be played while in reserve. It should be legal.

My thoughts

M

OP GOD
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

steve2275

Quote from: OP GOD on April 02, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
It mimics the whole card.  Text and all. If it says in the text may be played while in reserve. It should be legal.

My thoughts

M

OP GOD
i agree with this

Jack

Quote from: OP GOD on April 02, 2015, 04:16:32 PM

100% disagree. The special has no effect until it is played. The DY's effect is that is copies another card's effect. Unless you can legally play the DY, the card doesn't progress further.

chuu

i second with Jack's ruling...if the DY was always changing to whatever you wanted it to be,  that would include the character name, it wouldn't never be unusable as it would just change names to whoever you wanted to .

OP GOD

Upon further reflection upon the situation.  Morph is technically not allowed to play 'power mimic' while in reserve, thus not allowing the card text to change.

I must submit and agree with JACK. 

Great thought though, I like this ingenuity.

M

OP GOD

"The great battlesite deck is coming"
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.