Marauders: Malice BQ

Started by joe_fixit, April 30, 2015, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_fixit

The cards text reads: Play during battle. Marauders may exchange this card for any 1 Special card in Dead Pile not playable by Marauders and play it immediately. Is the "play it immediately" part mandatory or optional?

AO user

From the wiki "This card is played during the Battle, on your turn as an offensive move. The Character exchanges this Special for any card in the Dead Pile and then must play the chosen card immediately."  That's the beauty of the card.  Web head wizard any hero you gotta wait a turn To get shot off  and then they concede and you have to discard it!  I hate when that happens

http://overpower.ca/wiki/BQ

breadmaster

from the anyhero BQ section:

"No 'Any-Hero' Specials may be drawn, but an Activator card, except 'The Beyonder', may be drawn. Character specific Specials cannot retrieve Activator cards. "

...this game, I tell ya

joe_fixit

I must be missing something. How can the Any Hero BQ be used to draw an activator?

AO user

That's a good find, BM!   So if you spent both of your gambit activators against DOW. You can use web head to go and get a gambit activator out of dead pile (not draw pile) and place it in hand.  So when your opponent tries to leech you or play standoff against you you have the OPD Charm ready to go  "(character) may not be attacked for remainder of the battle.  That's a hand/game winning play!
...wait a minute. How can you have web-head any hero in a deck with activators?  Was there a time when that was legit?

steve2275

Quote from: joe_fixit on May 01, 2015, 07:16:47 AM
I must be missing something. How can the Any Hero BQ be used to draw an activator?
indeed
any BQ  special actually
Quote from: Kyoujin on May 01, 2015, 01:09:54 PM
Meta #156: When a Special allows for the selection of a card from ones own Dead Pile, one may not draw an Any Hero or an Activator out of the Dead Pile.

Kyoujin

Meta #156: When a Special allows for the selection of a card from ones own Dead Pile, one may not draw an Any Hero or an Activator out of the Dead Pile.

Unless this has changed.

Jack

There are inconsistencies with the rules. Meta rule trumps everything. I seriously do not have time to edit the wiki to remove the old rules from the special guide.