Wolverine - Tracking Senses

Started by Palatinus, March 26, 2011, 11:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Does Wolverine's Tracking Senses allow you to play an Aspect card that is not for your homebase?

Jack

From the rulebook:
QuoteIf the player is not using the designated Location card as a Home Base, then the Aspect card may not be put in the players deck.
So the answer would be no.

rucker73

No.  You can only put cards in your deck that are usable by your team at the start of the game, not even if you can play a card that may make them become usable.

Some examples:  If you are using a team with Psycho Man and he has a card that allows him to play Inivisble woman specials, you can't just put invisible woman specials in your deck, she would have to be one of your teammates.

If you used a card like Goblin Legacy in your battlesite that makes some Green Goblin specials Any Hero's.  You also can't put the Goblin cards in your deck.
"Wade! into action!"

Palatinus

That actually kind of sucks.  I feel like the risk versus reward of putting cards that only might be usable under the right conditions is a good enough check on the added benefits of those cards.  I understand that those are the rules, but I feel like the rule-makers created additional limitations that way rather than solving any large problem.

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 06:26:44 PM

Since you said "at the beginning of the game", then that doesn't apply to characters with inherent abilities like Bastion or X-Men: Original Team then, right?

rucker73

Right.  They can play those specials at any time, even if you don't have the other character (Sentinels, Prof X) on your team.
"Wade! into action!"

steve2275

Quote from: rucker73 on March 26, 2011, 11:56:43 AM
If you used a card like Goblin Legacy in your battlesite that makes some Green Goblin specials Any Hero's.  You also can't put the Goblin cards in your deck.
use him on your daily bugle team  ;)
or ravencroft