Gaining Skill Levels e.g. Power Transfer

Started by Palatinus, April 19, 2011, 11:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I think I understand this card, but if I do it really doesn't seem to make sense as a card.  When you gain the skill levels of the character you hit, does that mean Rogue's grid becomes whatever their grid is?  If this is the case, how is this supposed to be useful?

Nostalgic

Good question.  A level 6 power card would be more useful, since it could also be used by teammates and as an attack or defense. It seems to me another example of the evolving game of overpower.  Had Rogue came out later perhpas that card would have given her the target character's inherent ability instead...
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jack

Yes, Rogue takes the grid of the target character if successful. Not all special cards have positive effects, some of them have a penalty to offset the more favourable effect. A "modern" example would be Cyclops' Focused Force:

Nostalgic

If the card P mentioned was a non-OPD level 9 strength attack I think taking the target's power grid would be a worthwhile penalty.   ;)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jack

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 19, 2011, 12:02:17 PM
If the card P mentioned was a non-OPD level 9 strength attack I think taking the target's power grid would be a worthwhile penalty.   ;)
Just be happy it's not a 4. :P

gameplan.exe

I still use this card all the time. As often as not, it's blocked anyway. When it's not, I try to target another Strength character. Often, it doesn't even matter, since it really only affects Power cards and Teamworks.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nate Grey

Quote from: ncannelora on April 23, 2011, 04:31:37 AM
I still use this card all the time. As often as not, it's blocked anyway.

That's what I've noticed as well. If I do play that card its usually one of my last attacks (unless I'm facing a strength team).