New Universe (EN)

Started by Ranerdar, May 11, 2011, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranerdar

Ncannelora and I had this question during one of our recent matches.

Scenario:

Ncannelora bids 4 missions and I bid 1. We tied on venture and started the new battle. Ncannelora then bid 3 and I bid 2. I ended up winning and he lost all 7 missions.

Hypothetical:

Now, had he been able to play New Universe. How many missions would have been returned? All 7 or just the 3 he bid on the second battle? If just the 3 he bid on the second battle, what happens to the other 4?
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

gameplan.exe

Just to clarify the hypothetical:

New Universe can only be played if you venture 1 or 2 missions. If you venture 3 or more, it cannot be played.

So, had the 4 missions been hung out there, and I bid another 2, then played New Universe, how many missions would have been returned?

Would I return all 6?
Would I return the 2 and leave the 4 out there?
Would I return the 2 and lose the 4? (this seems the most likely)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Everything goes back, not just the missions bet in that particular round.

-BBH

Kyle

Quote from: BigBadHarve on May 11, 2011, 04:10:57 PM
Everything goes back, not just the missions bet in that particular round.

-BBH

Are you SERIOUS? Every single mission?? Wow, that changes how I will use that card.

NickW

Yes, the reason for limiting it to when you have ventured only 1 or 2 missions is to prevent you from betting high, allowing your opponent to draw extra cards that cannot be placed at this stage of the battle, then conceding without losing the missions but forcing your opponent to lose those cards.  If other missions are still in the ventured pile from the previous battle due to a tie or other reason, then they do not count when considering this card.

Nate Grey

I'm recently finding out that New Universe (EN) could be one nasty card.  ;)

Demacus

There is some definate playability here that I was previously unaware of...  I also was unaware that you could not play the EN if you ventured more then 2.  Is that rule also true of the character specific ENs?

Jack

Only the Any Hero/Character EN cards have that restriction, character specific ones have no restriction on number of ventures.