Sebastian Shaw special

Started by Spider-Ham, February 07, 2012, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider-Ham

Hi guys, I'm curious about this Hellfire Club card, and can't find the answer anywhere:

* SEBASTIAN SHAW (LO) <MN> <SD>
        Avoid 1 attack with a Strength icon. Sebastian Shaw may draw 1 card
            from the top of the Draw Pile. Discard duplicates.

Does anyone know if this is a typo? Is the Hellfire Club supposed to be able to draw from it, or is supposed to be that only the Black King character card can draw from it?

Thanks for reading,

Spider-Ham

Spider-Ham

Yeah, it seems that obvious, but it would seem presumptuous of the developers to assume that every player knows that the Black King = Sebastian Shaw.
I know this, but I also play with people that can take card wordings a little too literal at times (and that's not necessarily a bad thing!), but card interactions like this can cause headaches with people of this strict mentality.

Jack

Wow, I'm surprised that I didn't even notice this error. I usually only cared if his card had a TM next to Sebastian Shaw on the left.

The card should probably read "The Hellfire Club may draw 1 card..." instead of Sebastian Shaw.

In the case of Black King, as with all inherent abilities that allow you to play another character's cards (or HI/HU special, or special from battlesite, etc.) you would replace the name of the original character with the new character and play as normal.

Jesse

Thats an impressive error. I can't believe I've played with them for so long and just read it how it was intended and not how it was written. - Good Catch.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

BigBadHarve

What's more - they look NOTHING like Kevin Bacon. Accuracy people! Accuracy!!!

:P

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on February 08, 2012, 02:04:31 PM

-BBH

LOLOLOLOL!!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

I did a quick search, there are no other Monumental special cards that have this problem.

Nate Grey

Quote from: Spider-Ham on February 07, 2012, 06:51:35 AM
Yeah, it seems that obvious, but it would seem presumptuous of the developers to assume that every player knows that the Black King = Sebastian Shaw.
I know this, but I also play with people that can take card wordings a little too literal at times (and that's not necessarily a bad thing!), but card interactions like this can cause headaches with people of this strict mentality.

Wow! Very interesting little factoid about that Sebastian Shaw special. Guess since I already know that he is also referred to as The Black King, I just took it for granted and never questioned the card. I see your point though. Cool that you brought it up.

Jesse

Quote from: BigBadHarve on February 08, 2012, 02:04:31 PM

-BBH

Well played.....well played....haha
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Jack

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but it took bamf! a while to see it:

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jack on February 28, 2012, 09:58:37 AM
Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but it took bamf! a while to see it:

Minor misprint-  'Acts as level 4...'  where it should read 'Acts as a level 4....'

-BBH

Jack

There seems to be other cards:

Demacus

At least they didn't act as power cards...  lol