Maverick Freelance Spy

Started by Jesse, February 13, 2012, 12:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Does anyone know the ruling on Maverick's Freelance Spy OPD? Does this only last until the end of the battle or is it good for the remainder of the game? It only stats "Team gains +2 to all actions" but does not specify an end of battle or game. 
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Jack

Jesse

Thanks Jack. Since I've only been back full time with my OP for a few months its tough to catch up on all of the changes. Do you have a full errata list on your site?
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Jack

I haven't had time to consolidate them all into one page, I'll get to it once I find a lot of free time to dig through everything in http://overpower.ca/archive and put them all into a huge FAQ.

Jesse

I can open most of that - I'm going to have to use another PC to do it. I did finally figure out the problem with this though...... the download that was sent out was a "game" blocker. All sites that have "game or entertainment, etc" are now blocked on all work related pcs and laptops..... :'(

Palatinus

The relevant meta-rule to cards without duration states that cards with no duration stated are game-lasting if OPD or battle-lasting if not OPD.  And by duration they mean "remainder of battle" or "remainder of game" as "Until this card is attacked" is not a duration.  Except that doesn't apply here because Maverick's special was errataed to state for remainder of battle so now it has a duration despite none being on the card.  Although in the case of a BR special, I believe that those cards have a duration of "until the character is KO'd" which apparently must count as a duration for these purposes because otherwise there would be no way to ever use the effect of the special.

Jesse

Quote from: Palatinus on February 13, 2012, 02:21:54 PM
The relevant meta-rule to cards without duration states that cards with no duration stated are game-lasting if OPD or battle-lasting if not OPD.  And by duration they mean "remainder of battle" or "remainder of game" as "Until this card is attacked" is not a duration.  Except that doesn't apply here because Maverick's special was errataed to state for remainder of battle so now it has a duration despite none being on the card.  Although in the case of a BR special, I believe that those cards have a duration of "until the character is KO'd" which apparently must count as a duration for these purposes because otherwise there would be no way to ever use the effect of the special.

When everyone starts easily talking about eratta this and eratta that and meta rules - I feel like a newbie  :-\ I'm used to eratta with most of the collectible games I have ever played so hopefully, in time, I will catch all of them for OP.

Onslaught

Don't be discouraged, you'll find that there are very few cards that have actual errata to their printed text. Leech is one of them, Freelance Spy is another. Other than that, most things you have to remember are just parts of the general rules (like "unless a card's duration is specifically stated, it lasts for remainder of turn if non-OPD and remainder of game if OPD" or "all HQ specials are limit one per deck" or "DZ specials may only be played offensively" and so on).

Jesse

Quote from: Onslaught on February 13, 2012, 08:05:43 PM
Don't be discouraged, you'll find that there are very few cards that have actual errata to their printed text. Leech is one of them, Freelance Spy is another. Other than that, most things you have to remember are just parts of the general rules (like "unless a card's duration is specifically stated, it lasts for remainder of turn if non-OPD and remainder of game if OPD" or "all HQ specials are limit one per deck" or "DZ specials may only be played offensively" and so on).

Thanks! Until this thread I had no idea what to consider with the cards that didnt name a duration - now I do  ;D