Alien Symbiote - Any Hero

Started by mattkoz, February 20, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

Can you really use as many as you'd like in a deck? These are not OPD? It seems all the other Any hero/character cards are OPD.

Jack

Yes, this card is the only Any Hero/Character that you can have multiples of in a deck.

Jesse

Quote from: Jack on February 20, 2012, 11:26:20 PM
Yes, this card is the only Any Hero/Character that you can have multiples of in a deck.

I know that was one of the only cards we ever "house ruled" back in the day. We actually made it a OPD for deck building. Mainly becuase a guy from our circle inded up with about 5-7 of it and it became really annoying!  :D
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on February 21, 2012, 07:29:20 AM
Quote from: Jack on February 20, 2012, 11:26:20 PM

I know that was one of the only cards we ever "house ruled" back in the day. We actually made it a OPD for deck building. Mainly becuase a guy from our circle inded up with about 5-7 of it and it became really annoying!  :D

wow! I've found this card to be margianally useful, because it takes up a turn. When I make an Any Hero deck, I tend to include it only about 50% of the time, making it a HPD (Half Per Deck)!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

The times where I put this card into my deck, it was always drawn on my first hand. It was an automatic discard and I lost card advantage.

Jesse

...... making it a HPD (Half Per Deck)!
[/quote]

Awesome. They should totally errata that!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on February 21, 2012, 02:43:39 PM
The times where I put this card into my deck, it was always drawn on my first hand. It was an automatic discard and I lost card advantage.

THIS!! it's usually after doing this that my next Any Hero deck doesn't include the AL!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jesse

Wow - the guy I used to play with must've been incredibly lucky then because he hardly ever pulled more than 1 at a time in his hand.

Me personally, I have never wanted to play more than 1 at a time anyway.

Jack

Some AL cards are good to put in decks: Morlocks' AL, the AL that does 5 damage.

The generic ones seem really hard to play sometimes. If you draw it without any hits in permanent record, it's an automatic discard or it needs to be placed. There are better candidates for the placed special card slot than the AL for almost all characters. Likewise for the Any Hero/Character AL, you wouldn't place this on Team OverPower unless you are lucky enough to draw it just before the power pack.

However, on battlesites, it's probably a very good idea to put it if you have 1 or 2 other specials for that activator.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on February 21, 2012, 05:03:39 PM
Some AL cards are good to put in decks: Morlocks' AL, the AL that does 5 damage.

The generic ones seem really hard to play sometimes. If you draw it without any hits in permanent record, it's an automatic discard or it needs to be placed. There are better candidates for the placed special card slot than the AL for almost all characters. Likewise for the Any Hero/Character AL, you wouldn't place this on Team OverPower unless you are lucky enough to draw it just before the power pack.

However, on battlesites, it's probably a very good idea to put it if you have 1 or 2 other specials for that activator.

Agreed about the AL off of attacks, or the Morlocks' version.

About the Battlesite, I usually don't include an AL, but I'll use the ET version of a heal card. Colossus' is especially helpful, I've found  :)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jack

Assuming that character has another type of permanent healing card. Colossus' ET is super useful against teamwork heavy decks.

Nate Grey

I keep forgetting that Alien Symbiote is not an OPD! Thanks for the reminder. We still have been treating it as such in my group but I personally wouldn't use more than one in my decks anyway.