the shell game

Started by steve2275, February 26, 2012, 05:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve2275

if say black canary is hit by choosing a 6 I (it will ko her) so can she still block it(with her 6f pc?)

Demacus

Based on the wording of The Shell Game, I don't think the target is allowed to attempt a defense.  I could be wrong but it seems pretty straightforward that if the opponent randomly pulls an attack card from your hand, the "target character" who chose that card is automatically hit by it. 

Jack

You can only avoid the attack prior to the choosing -- since it does target the character. You're not allowed to wait and see if it's a 1 or a 8 to use a defensive special.

I'm also sure it bypasses any CN cards previously played on the character. For example, a character played No Strength attacks, then is targeted by Tricksters' card and chose a strength attack. Because the attack was originally the special -- and the outcome is a strength attack, it bypasses it.

Kal-el

Agreed, you either avoid the special card, or you're stuck with the hit.

Demacus

I didn't mean non-defendable the way I wrote it.  I ment, you aren't allowed to defend the attack after you drew from your opponents hand.  But yeah, it could be avoided/negated before you reveal what's comming at you.  Like Ncann says, the only truly undefendable attack in the game is DoW.