Neron Seduction of the Innocent

Started by Jesse, March 08, 2012, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Neron's IB Special "Seduction of the Innocent" states: Opponent must discard all placed ally cards, and is -3 to venture total.

If the opponent does not have an ally card placed can they still get the -3 to venture total result or is the venture a mute point if no allys are placed?
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

BigBadHarve

Yes, the -3 still applies even if you don't knock away any allies.
-BBH

Jesse

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 08, 2012, 03:26:45 PM
-BBH

Sweet, I was thinking that cards like this fell into the category of "as written." Glad they are not!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on March 08, 2012, 03:28:57 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 08, 2012, 03:26:45 PM
-BBH

Sweet, I was thinking that cards like this fell into the category of "as written." Glad they are not!

Well, they are still "as written" but because there's no qualifier on the secondary effect, it's effective regardless of the primary effect. Now, if it said,
"Opponent must discard all placed ally cards. If successful, Opponent is -3 to venture total."
that would mean there must be a discard of Ally cards before the Opponent would be -3.

I know it can be a little... overpowering... but you should take some time to read through all the Meta Rules. There will be plenty of confusion left over, but it should help clarify a lot of the cards that seem ambiguous. That's why the Meta Rules were made originally, right?  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

never noticed this before, but y'all think this is a reference to wertham's 'seduction of the innocent'?

seems too coincidental to me

Jesse

Quote from: breadmaster on March 09, 2012, 04:03:19 PM
never noticed this before, but y'all think this is a reference to wertham's 'seduction of the innocent'?

seems too coincidental to me

You know, I never thought about that until you said it. It is very much a tad ironic if it wasn't intentional. You would think with some of the simple things like Ghost Rider's stats being 6-6-6- that they definitely put a little thought into it......good eye!