Black Cat - kiss of death - BA

Started by breadmaster, March 29, 2012, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

I must agree that I always felt that Miss Isley got gyped with her lethal kiss not being anywhere as nice as the Black Cat's especially since Poison Ivy is way more likely to kiss her opponents then Black Cat.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 03:06:14 PM

Whats the grey area on this though? IMO removing the card from your permanent record or offensivley negating it is still defending against that card and IMO that would be a no no for a male.....

No, because removing a hit is not the same as defending it. A defense is something you do in response to an action. Healing or removing hits after they've landed is not a defense, so the stipulation doesn't apply. The same goes for JW specials which cannot be defended with specials - you can let the hit land, and remove it with a special.

Wording is extremely important. For example: those cards that say may not be 'affected by a card with the word teammate' (JY code) cannot be defended, removed, or shifted by anything that has the word 'teammate.'

That's why it gets frustrating when the wording is not correct and the meta rules contradict the wording.

And yes - Gambit and Poison Ivy would have really benefited from these cards. Though, to be fair, Gambit got and Any Power (8) which really boosts him nicely.

-BBH

Demacus

I always forget about Full House, mostly cause I only have 1 copy, but yeah. Lol

Jesse

Quote from: Nostalgic on March 29, 2012, 03:29:09 PM
I think the intent is the guaranteed hit,

You know, I am one stubborn SOB....but that simple wording makes me like the Negate. I hate you  ;D

I agree a 1000 times over on Ivy - her only problem in OP was she was manufactured by DC  :P
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

breadmaster

nightwing could have used a man-whore card too

or any card...

Jesse

Quote from: breadmaster on March 29, 2012, 03:40:28 PM

or any card...

As a huge Nightwing fan I read that first line and shook my head in agreement....then I saw the next line and had a nice little chuckle....
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Demacus

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 03:41:58 PM
Quote from: breadmaster on March 29, 2012, 03:40:28 PM

or any card...

As a huge Nightwing fan I read that first line and shook my head in agreement....then I saw the next line and had a nice little chuckle....
I must confess, I did the same.

Jesse

I've read most of the Nighwing comics and in the first half he is all about Barbara...but take her out of the mix and that man flys back and forth between women like a dollar bill in a strip club.

Nostalgic

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 03:37:47 PMI agree a 1000 times over on Ivy - her only problem in OP was she was manufactured by DC  :P

LOL! True.  ;D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Nostalgic

ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Demacus on March 29, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
Right???  If anybody deserves the flip side to Kiss of Death, he's the best candidate.

I'm sure there are more that could work (not as well)...I mean there are literally generations of man whores in the comics..lol....but Gambit was a smooth ladies man.....i see a custom from ncann in the future, lol.

LOL, in the words of Burton Guster, "You know that's right." I'm totally making this card when I get home tonight!!  ;D

As for the rest of this discussion, I agree with the majority, that a man cannot negate the card on the defensive action, but on their offensive action, go right ahead. I also agree that BA cards might be more dominant if they were that permanent.

As to the intent of the card, the name gives it away. It's intent is that it can be a kill card that's very difficult to block (like Longshot's One In A Million). And, despite the fact that it could be negated after the KO, I'm not sure any player would mind since the target would still be KO'd. Obviously, if you had to play it earlier, and it wasn't a kill-shot, then it would be lame to have it removed, but no more lame than any other lv.3, single-icon hit.

oh, and lastly (this is what happens when I miss a good convo  ;)) we actually gave this same card to Poison Ivy in our circle's DCIII expansion, only it was a Str attack. We also gave a variant to Catowman called "Aristocat" and we made it a Spectrum lv.1  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 04:50:04 PM
LOL, in the words of Burton Guster, "You know that's right."

That's all that matters ^^^^ as soon as i read that, the comment was complete - NICE!

The Dude

BTW to the homemade counterparts to this card, I gave Dracula one (although in his main skill) since all of his movies are about him seducing women to death.

And for completion's sake I gave a Lizard a "hatred of mammals" card that cannot be defended by Team Heroes

BasiliskFang