Invisible's Woman Conceal

Started by Nate Grey, October 24, 2012, 01:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Grey

Does it protect your placed cards against Power Leech?

BigBadHarve

It protects your placed cards against ALL attempts to remove them.

Cards in hand are still subject to the effects.

-BBH

breadmaster

that's a good question: here's the text

Invisible Woman's Teams Placed cards may not be played, moved or discarded by Opponent for remainder of game. (FS)

here's leech:

Opponent must immediately discard 4 cards of opponent's choice with icon of Leech's choice currently placed or in hand. (BY)

i've been told that the FS protects you from leech.  though i could see it being ruled the other way.  it would certainly protect you from an AI, but leech says 4 cards of opponents choice. 

also, is an event played by the opponent, an 'action' by the opponent?

Jack

Why does it matter who's choice it was for discarding cards?

Nate Grey

Quote from: BigBadHarve on October 24, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

-BBH

Awesome! Love the card even more now.  :)

Quote from: breadmaster on October 24, 2012, 03:14:15 PM

This is also a follow up I was going to ask. If Conceal protects against Events that make you discard placed cards.

breadmaster

well, with leech, which cards you discard is up to you.  this can work both ways

you can choose to discard placed cards, if what you have in hand is better.

or there is no choice, and the placed cards can't be discarded regardless, and the ones in hand have to go

Jack

That doesn't make a difference, Power Leech discards 4 cards total. Since the ones that are placed cannot be touched, they would all have to be from your hand.

Effectively, with the FS card, assume that your placed cards do not exist to your opponent -- just as the NJ specials ignore any specials in play.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nate Grey on October 24, 2012, 06:30:22 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on October 24, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

-BBH

Awesome! Love the card even more now.  :)

Quote from: breadmaster on October 24, 2012, 03:14:15 PM

This is also a follow up I was going to ask. If Conceal protects against Events that make you discard placed cards.

I want to say it protects against Events, because that'd be so much more useful, but I don't think it would. Particularly, because Events affect the game, not the opponents or the characters (essentially, this is the intent I think). Also, the biggest benefit would be to build your own deck to that purpose, but then it wouldn't even be the Opponent's Event  :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nate Grey

Thanks ncann for your thoughts on the card. I'm kinda with you on the Events. I don't think Conceal  would protect against them.

Nate Grey

That's the card alright. Thanks Steve. Is there any other character that has an FS special?

Demacus

I think I see Bread's point on this one. 

I'm not so sure that if my placed cards are Concealed that I would lose the option to discard them via a Power Leech, if I choose to.  Just because something is being protected from being attacked doesn't mean I don't have the right to sacrifice that same something if the opportunity arises.

I'm not saying my opponent's Power Leech would disregard my Conceal, but that if he does Leech, and I DO get to choose my 4, I should be allowed to choose any 4 of my potential cards if I want, with the OPTION to not discard any placed cards.  My cards would be Concealed from my opponent, but since he's forcing me to discard, and I see that I have 1-4 cards in my hand that I'd like to keep, and I have 1-4 cards placed that the Leech COULD also affect, I should be allowed to discard 1-4 of those if I choose to.  I shouldn't be FORCED to empty my hand just because my opponent isn't allowed to FORCE me to discard my placed cards.

thetrooper27

So if I have Conceal in play and my opponent Power Leeches me, I have to discard up to 4 cards in hand with x icon, right?   

"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

breadmaster

righty-o

but the best scenario is having it in hand and playing it defensively!

then again, maybe not...could you still play the card, AND discard from hand.  that would be like, a half-defense or something

Nate Grey

Quote from: breadmaster on March 10, 2013, 05:30:22 PM
righty-o

but the best scenario is having it in hand and playing it defensively!

then again, maybe not...could you still play the card, AND discard from hand.  that would be like, a half-defense or something

OOH! good question. Bumping this up hoping for a reply.

Also I'm still hoping to get a clear ruling on whether Conceal can protect against Events. For example, having placed TW cards and then the Hideout Discovered Any Mission Event is played.