Invisible's Woman Conceal

Started by Nate Grey, October 24, 2012, 01:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

Invisible woman marvels

Does it still have an effect after she is ko'd?

And this would def defend against power leech?

BasiliskFang

Would conceal change power leech's text to omit 'placed or'.

breadmaster

it stays in affect after her ko

as I understand, if you play it defensively, it will stop you from discarding placed cards, but you'll still have to discard from hand

to sidetrack a bit...I wonder if you could use this against an 'opponent' AI.  normally, they can only be negated, but the FS protects the team.  i'm guessing it can't defend against aspects or team overpower, since they are not part of the 'team'

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on June 28, 2013, 12:25:54 AM
it stays in affect after her ko

as I understand, if you play it defensively, it will stop you from discarding placed cards, but you'll still have to discard from hand

to sidetrack a bit...I wonder if you could use this against an 'opponent' AI.  normally, they can only be negated, but the FS protects the team.  i'm guessing it can't defend against aspects or team overpower, since they are not part of the 'team'

I agree that the card should protect all cards placed to characters, regardless of the type of discard-attack (AI, BY, untargeted, targeted, etc). I also agree that the FS wouldn't protect your Homebase, so any Aspect placed, or Any Hero cards placed to Team Overpower, would not be protected...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nate Grey on March 28, 2013, 02:44:29 AM
Quote from: breadmaster on March 10, 2013, 05:30:22 PM
righty-o

but the best scenario is having it in hand and playing it defensively!

then again, maybe not...could you still play the card, AND discard from hand.  that would be like, a half-defense or something

OOH! good question. Bumping this up hoping for a reply.

Also I'm still hoping to get a clear ruling on whether Conceal can protect against Events. For example, having placed TW cards and then the Hideout Discovered Any Mission Event is played.

I'd definitely say yes to both. The Event cards are certainly not played by any Characters, but they're certainly still "played" and the player would be the "opponent" - so I'd say that answers the question, there.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

Jack

http://overpower.ca/archive/Ripayuheadoff/marvelguide/FS.html

QuoteThis Special protects all cards placed to your team, all four Characters and the Homebase, from any cards played by the opponent, including Event cards.

Everything that is placed is protected.

Jack

As mentioned in the FS post (why did you make that one when only one character has FS?):

QuoteThis Special protects all cards placed to your team, all four Characters and the Homebase, from any cards played by the opponent, including Event cards.

Requesting merge with other thread.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on June 29, 2013, 09:21:24 AM

well there you have it! I wouldn't have guessed that the Homebase would be protected, but I'm also all for making cards better!
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

Hmm. Sorry, wasnt exactly sure. I was on a limited browser....

This clears it up, thanks!

AO user

I'm still unclear>  let's say I have 4 icons x placed and 2 in hand and coneal is in play.  I'm leeched.  can I get away with discarding 2 in hand and that's it.  this wasn't addressed so far in this post (?)

Jack

Your opponent doesn't "see" your Placed cards. Only cards in your hands can be removed with Power Leech.

TheGeneral

The card says it protects your placed cards from your opponent but you can if you wish discard your placed cards and yes if your leeched you can just discard 2 cards from your hand if thats all you have to discard.

BasiliskFang

my thoughts:

Events can't target already affected cards. so what events would cause you to discard placed cards?

power leech would make it so all 4 cards need to come from the hand. but say you only have 1 valid card in your hand. leech only did one.

defensive FS against power leech would only cause you to discard from your hand but this action would only be useful if you had less than 4 valid cards in your hand.

Nate Grey

Quote from: Jack on June 29, 2013, 09:21:24 AM

Yes! Finally my Event question is answered. Thanks Jack!