Reserve Inherent Ability

Started by halcyon1234, March 24, 2013, 02:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halcyon1234

What's the official ruling on inherent abilities from Reserve? I know that "+2 to venture" doesn't count, but can't remember what others were nerfed. Specifically, do any of these count from Reserve:

1) "Draw 1 card when teammate is KO'd"
2) "Team is +3 to venture when teammate is KO'd"

(Not that I'm currently building a Cape Citadel deck or anything...)

gameplan.exe

Quote from: halcyon1234 on March 24, 2013, 02:40:20 PM
What's the official ruling on inherent abilities from Reserve? I know that "+2 to venture" doesn't count, but can't remember what others were nerfed. Specifically, do any of these count from Reserve:

1) "Draw 1 card when teammate is KO'd"
2) "Team is +3 to venture when teammate is KO'd"

(Not that I'm currently building a Cape Citadel deck or anything...)

I'm pretty sure the only I.A.'s that are effective from Reserve are those that specifically affect Reserve ("May play X from Reserve" or "May do X from Reserve" etc)

at least, I can't think of any others that are effective otherwise...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

I'm assuming that inherent abilities that grant bonuses to attack or defense apply if the reserve character is attacking or defending from reserve.

Otherwise it's a no go on the inherent's from reserve?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on March 28, 2013, 12:20:50 AM
I'm assuming that inherent abilities that grant bonuses to attack or defense apply if the reserve character is attacking or defending from reserve.

Otherwise it's a no go on the inherent's from reserve?

it seems like those should still be "active" but I don't know of an official ruling on those... I know the Venture affecting I.A.s do not count from Reserve (including, I think, the KO Venture bonuses).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

If for some reason Scarlet Witch was in reserve and was ko'd, I would think hers would apply.  If the reserve is active for some reason, I'm thinking their inherents would be too.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

QuoteInherent abilities that affect Venture require the character to be conscious and on the Front Line at the time that Venture Total is calculated.

Though, the Opponent -5 when KO'd from Scarlet Witch doesn't bother about consciousness.

QuoteThis Inherent is unusual in that it allows the Venture to be modified by a K.O.'d character. It does not modify the general rule that a conscious character must be on the front line to contribute to Venture.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on March 28, 2013, 11:23:38 AM
QuoteInherent abilities that affect Venture require the character to be conscious and on the Front Line at the time that Venture Total is calculated.

Though, the Opponent -5 when KO'd from Scarlet Witch doesn't bother about consciousness.

QuoteThis Inherent is unusual in that it allows the Venture to be modified by a K.O.'d character. It does not modify the general rule that a conscious character must be on the front line to contribute to Venture.

so it follows that the second rule (that the character must be on the Front Line) still applies to S.Witch. so, A Call To Arms would work, but Hellfire Club Attacks would not.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Tussin

does Shadowcat: Age of Apocalypse's innate allow her to attack the reserve while she is in reserve? nothing major, but cool if possible.

* SHADOWCAT: AGE OF APOCALYPSE  <CL> {VR}    E: 6   F: 6   S: 3   I: 3   (18)
       ~  May attack the Reserve with Intellect or Strength Power cards. ~