Artifact Questions

Started by metaphist, April 30, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

Beyonder only uses his teammate's printed stats. Any alterations to an ally's grid is not applied to Beyonder as well.

Nate Grey

Quote from: Demacus on May 08, 2012, 07:22:36 AM
Beyonder only uses his teammate's printed stats. Any alterations to an ally's grid is not applied to Beyonder as well.

Thanks for that info, Demacus.  :)

Hotobu

On the subject of grid altering artifacts can the artifact be placed to either character?

BasiliskFang

im pretty sure it would only be placed to the hero meeting the initial requirement

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 17, 2012, 02:52:16 PM
im pretty sure it would only be placed to the hero meeting the initial requirement

that is correct
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

So, can you place an artifact to a frontline character and not have a teammate use it immediately?  Like placing a card to be played later, say with the reserve moving to frontline? 

And when you "play" the artifact to the teammate, what is the status of the card?  Placed, in play, etc, and to what character?  What's the technical wording?  Earlier in this thread, someone said the artifact remains after the character who initially played it was ko'd and the teammate stll got the effect.  So I'm assuming its possible that:

Battle one:  I place Book of Darkhold to Mr. Fantastic.
Battle three: Rhino moves to the frontline.  Mr. Fantastic and Rhino play Book of Darkhold to Rhino.  Book of Darkhold is "in play" and its effect last until Rhino is ko'd or someone plays a special card that disrupts the artifact somehow. 

Is this a correct scenario, and what ways are there to disrupt the artifact?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

You can place artifacts to any of your characters provided they meet the requirements to 'bestow' the artifact to a teammate. It counts as the Tactic placed slot so you can only have one of Artifacts or Doubleshots placed on a character at a given time.

They are considered in play as per The Ultimate Nullifier's wording.

Once they are in play, they are attached to whomever contributed the "teammate" portion of the card until they are KO'd. The other character was simply a pawn and does not need to be alive after playing it and them being KO'd has no effect on the artifact at all.

Artifacts do not get reattached to revived characters.

Ultimate Nullifier removes all Artifact cards in play. Nightcrawler's FP (MV) also removes it. Image's LU specials prevent the Ultimate Nullifier and the FP from taking cards away.

BasiliskFang

so you can play artifacts to the reserve?

thetrooper27

So an LF special can only target an artifact if it's placed, but once its attached to a teammate, it can no longer be targeted?

Jack

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 30, 2012, 05:46:40 PM
so you can play artifacts to the reserve?
Quote from: Jack on February 22, 2012, 02:20:44 AM
No, all requirements for Tactic cards must be met by the front line characters, unless modified by Inherent Abilities, events, etc. (Serpent Society is one of them).

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 30, 2012, 07:07:01 PM
So an LF special can only target an artifact if it's placed, but once its attached to a teammate, it can no longer be targeted?
There is placed and in play, two completely different concepts.

thetrooper27

I'll take that as a yes.  I'm sorry.

steve2275

yeah
so if thor has the serpent crown placed and wants to give it to cap
hydra can play http://overpower.ca/cards/specials/630.png
forcing thor to lose the serpent crown
or a placed doubleshot

of course use can use an AI special like http://overpower.ca/cards/specials/1364.png

and if cap does have the serpent crown on him(in play) and gets hit by http://overpower.ca/cards/specials/955.png
cap loses the crown

thetrooper27

Are any artifact abilities considered too good?  With only one or two ways to get them off the table once they're in play, do you think the game needs more ways to force opponents to discard them?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 31, 2012, 04:04:35 PM
Are any artifact abilities considered too good?  With only one or two ways to get them off the table once they're in play, do you think the game needs more ways to force opponents to discard them?

I've never thought so... I will say that one of my favorites is the Shadow Helmet, even though it seems under-used.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

I really like Shadow Helmet myself.

Which artifacts are used most?  What kinds of strategies use them?  The stat boost artifacts are a no-brainer, but Pym Particles and some of the other artifacts seem to need a particular deckbuild to be useful.  Any advice or suggestions?