Found cards

Started by betmor, January 25, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betmor

I found a stack of over 80 cards of overpower with dates 1995 they are all individually wrapped. I don't know how to find a value or to know if it is even a full set. I bought these at a yard sale for my kids years ago and they never knew what they were and never used them.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: betmor on January 25, 2013, 04:16:42 PM
I found a stack of over 80 cards of overpower with dates 1995 they are all individually wrapped. I don't know how to find a value or to know if it is even a full set. I bought these at a yard sale for my kids years ago and they never knew what they were and never used them.

1995 was the first year for this game, but there was a second edition printed late in that same year (I think). The first edition of cards are still fairly common and easy to find (despite ALL cards being out of print), but that second edition was a little more rare, depending on specific cards.

just to clarify, though, you said they are "individually wrapped" but do you mean they are sealed packages? or each card is in its own plastic sleave?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

how can you tell 1st edition from 2nd edition?

Kal-el

Quote from: BasiliskFang on January 27, 2013, 05:46:37 AM
how can you tell 1st edition from 2nd edition?

I think he means the original set versus PowerSurge.

BasiliskFang

I thought so too, but wasn't sure. I need many cards from 6th, 7th and 10th editions.

betmor

Individual sleeves only. How do I tell the difference?

garose74

It sounds like they are promo cards. Do you have pictures?

steve2275

real cards inserted into comics in 1995
you can prolly still find em

ah the good ol days

betmor

Thanks. lost my password and took awhile to come back. I don't think they are the ones in the link provided. I just think someone was taking care of them and put them in protective individual sleeves. I see things like Mission Fatal attractions Wolverine/Cable/Proffesor X . Mission Dark Phoenix Saga Lilandra . Psylocke. Mission maximum Carnage Carrion.  I don't know what edition but I guess they are just the standards.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: betmor on February 26, 2013, 06:33:28 PM
Thanks. lost my password and took awhile to come back. I don't think they are the ones in the link provided. I just think someone was taking care of them and put them in protective individual sleeves. I see things like Mission Fatal attractions Wolverine/Cable/Proffesor X . Mission Dark Phoenix Saga Lilandra . Psylocke. Mission maximum Carnage Carrion.  I don't know what edition but I guess they are just the standards.

it sounds like they are just commons. if they're square-cut, glossy cards, with text on their back sides, they're a card-type called "Mission cards" and, despite looking nicer than many other Overpower cards, they're usually very common and not worth much. If you're interested in unloading them, I'd suggest putting the lot on ebaY and starting the bid at $1.00, just see where it goes.

Unless you have a hidden gem, I wouldn't expect much. Unfortunately, there's not really much way of us telling you if there's something valuable there, unless we got a list of each card  :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27