Image Multi 5

Started by BlueFire, February 19, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

Quote from: drdeath25 on February 23, 2014, 09:44:45 AM
I had one posted on this board for sale 2 weeks ago, i received four offers for it in less than a hour. Try contacting BornAgain, he is the one who bought it and is looking to resale it.
why would you sell it to him if you know he's just going to do that?

also i use proxies. fuck it.

drdeath25

Whats the difference if bornagain got it or not? It still gets sold to an overpower player eventually.

chuu

i don't agree with his trading practices.  He always tries to get double or triple in trade value from you.

Tussin

heh whatever if people want to scour up cards from average people so you can sit on a monopoly of cards and charge higher prices go for it. ill just use ebay to get cards and refrain from buying yours

rucker73

Thing is Bornagain is the biggest seller on ebay as well.  He pretty well has the market covered, but he knows what things sell for so he's always comfortable buying from others what he knows he can sell.

I don't love dealing with him, but I am happy that there is someone out there still selling the game at all.  If he wasn't selling on ebay there would be a lot fewer items available.  As far as trading goes, you just have to know what your cards are worth going in.  This forum should make finding other trade partners much easier.

"Wade! into action!"

BasiliskFang

he is overpriced. he is clearly into overpower for profit. this means he likes profit more than the people who need/want the cards. reselling your card is an upsell you could have done yourself. he takes the good cards from people and controls the supply. he almost has no competition.

TheBradness

I haven't ever had a problem with him.  But then again, I spent a lot of time cataloging all of my 30,000+ cards and have a good idea what price range all of them fall in to.  He's never tried to rip me off or do a trade that was shady.  I've always found his prices to be along the lines of what cards from other sellers go for on Ebay.  Sounds like a couple of you have different experiences, though?

rucker73

The thing is that since he is in it solely to make money, he will never offer to buy anything from you for what he values it at.  And would never sell you his cards for what he would offer to buy from someone else.

You just have to realize that you are dealing with a vendor and not a collector so you will always have to give more than you would get for value otherwise it's not worth his time.

If you need a card though, he is a great resource to try and get it.
"Wade! into action!"

Tussin

yeah exactly, just gotta realize if you want to get a good deal for money, check ebay and forums first... it is great to have him as a backup, most of what he sells is reasonably priced, but yeah the rarer cards can cost you and add up. still a little cheaper hobby than Magic's TCG :)

drdeath25

Look guys, I hate bornagain more than anyone. In fact a few years ago I made a thread on here complaining about him terribly.

The bottom line is I made a post that I had a lot of some rare cards for sell and I posted my asking price. He was the first person to respond, and he met my asking price. So he got the cards. If he wants to make money, I cant blame him, I'de like to make money whereever I can also.

But yes, he's a dick.

TheBradness

I'm not judging you at all, man.  You made sure you got what you were looking for, so there ya go.  You shouldn't have to make those decisions based on the rest of the OP community.  Do what's best for you.

Redirecting back to the thread topic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-MULTI-5-POWER-CARD-VERY-RARE-MARVEL-OVERPOWER-IMAGE-OPD-/221399568495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338c71506f

Ummm what??  $125?  chuu, see if this seller would go for your $10 bid lol

HollyWood

Yeah that's my listing. In the end everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Currently its the only one avaliable so why not ask top dollar? Whining about it won't make it any more yours. And Mark has always made fair deals to me, the guy puts in a lot of effort and deserves to be paid for his time. Or do you guys go to work for free?
"I'm your huckleberry"

chuu

i think that's the thing...he sees it as business and not fun...for fun i do alot of free things...like the power card set...i must have spent like 40 hours looking for all those images and photoshopping but its not like i put that into the price...
by the way, i will have about 10 sets available in the next two weeks