Image Multi 5

Started by BlueFire, February 19, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odbjosh

On the topic of BornAgain79, he is a great great great resource for cards....He is a excellent seller, and delivers with great speed, but with that being said I will never deal with him, ever. Long story short, he basically took a protocols 6I+3I classic insert from me because he felt that he gave me a good deal on some common/uncommon cards I bought from him. We worked out a deal I paid his asking price for the common/uncommon lot and then proceeded to trade him some of my extra rare cards for cards that I needed, tick for tack we traded and all was great. I mentioned that I had a extra protocols and he was very interested so I told him, I'll send the protocols to you and we will work out either store credit or a trade once I sat down and had time to go through what I wanted for it. Then he sent me a email saying that he gave me a good deal on the common/uncommon so he wasn't going to give me anything for the protocols. So I advise everyone to not trust him unless it is directly through e-bay or pay pal!

BlueFire

I am in the process of trying to get to the bottom of this situation, but it is not looking good for bornagain.

Tussin

common and uncommons are easy to get and inexpensive, when i was young and i had a rare card my friend needed (Silver Sable), he gave me an offer i couldn't refuse and i got a horde of cards that i needed and wanted. (i probably gained more than my value for the card and then some)

that guy is acting out of pure greed. if he had integrity he wouldn't have tried to jack you for an ultra hard to get insert like protocols.

so anytime he gives anyone a deal its only because he wronged someone else in the first place.

meh i will just stick to ebay and whatever i can trade for online instead of dealing with someone who think they have a monopoly of this shit and fcuk the real players around while you only in this for profit. i can get way better deals from other people anyway.

rucker73

Bluefire what do you mean get to the bottom of this?  Are you like on Overpower cop? 

Just wondering, or maybe you know him personally.

If the story above is true then that's a pretty low thing to do, especially if you are running a business selling cards you would expect that your dealings should be ethical and fair.   (if you considering offering to buy cards at less than half of what you will turn around and sell them for)

The problem with the Overpower dealers is that they aren't real businesses and are just guys trying to make a profit dealing in these cards, there are no set prices and they will play prospective buyers against each other or work with each other to boost their prices.

we can complain all we want, lord knows I have been frustrated by more than one of these guys, but they have all the cards and we're the guys looking for them.  Luckily I came across a couple of other people selling cards that were outside of the regular dealers and was able to negotiate what I thought were fair and reasonable prices for the cards.

"Wade! into action!"

breadmaster

there is virtually no amount of commons/uncommons that equal the value of the insert.  the fact that you already agreed to a price is shameful

there is no anecdote about this guy that I wouldn't believe at this point

born again my ass

BlueFire

Rucker73.

I have been talking to the poster about this for around a month now and just wanted to add a little support for him coming forward.

I have received some but not all of the emails regarding this. 
If I feel the story holds up, I will ask Jack to read them as well as contact bornagain.
Assuming this is true, we need to remove him from the preferred seller list for the best interest of the community as a whole.

Finally, as I understand it all deals were finished and then the insert was sent for future store credit.  I believe bornagain wanted to verify it was real first or something like that.  Then instead of agreeing on a value of store credit, he just took it....

breadmaster

he is the FOREMOST seller of overpower cards in THE WORLD

if he decides to keep an insert for no reason, IT IS HIS GOD GIVEN RIGHT! do NOT question him

be thankful he did not invoke prima nocta

Onslaught

Yup, and just in case anyone wants some more evidence as to why you should never deal with BornAgain under any circumstances:

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/where-to-buytrade/bornagain79/

At one point he enters the thread to "defend" himself and takes the opportunity to drop some gratuitous insults on his competitors like OrangeKing.

TheBradness

Prima Nocta is MY right to invoke!

Martin Savard

Onslaught, these messages shows how this (character) is unprofessional!

Like many of you, I also had problems with bornagain!
He does not know the word respect!
I told him that I would never deal with it and that's what I did!
He does not deserve that I still give him money!
It is easy to find other seller who sell at lower prices.

In any case, it is he who suffers the consequences, because if it is professional, it would make a lot more money!

NinjaGaiden2

I had opened my last image box and now I'm only missing 1 multi 5 card. If anybody has another image box for sale please let me know and how much?