Onslaught Vs Bornagain

Started by Bornagain79, February 21, 2011, 06:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bornagain79

I also posted a response under his posting for me, so thought it is only fair I start a new topic for him as well.

As to the condition of his cards, his response in his email (which I will happily forward to anyone) as to whether condition mattered, he stated, "I mean as long as they aren't super bent or something, I'm cool with it.  The HF cards were in great shape. 

He bought 15 level 8 power cards.  My posted price is $1 each, making them $15 total.  I charged him $3.75 for all!  I thought I was being more than polite in doing that, saving him over $11 on just those. 

After he got the cards, he threw a little hissy fit that they were not powersurge cards.  The only difference is that powersurge cards are a little rougher on the backing.  Most people never even notice.  I did tell him that since he was playing with them, it would make no difference at all. 

He also threatened to make a post on this forum.  I don't take to kindly to threats, as I imagine most people do not.  Again, I did appologize to him because I failed to notice that he wanted powersurge cards,  I would have gladly sent him the powersurge ones, since I charge the exact same for them as the original ones.  Since he never replied, and responded the way he did ... I never sent the replacements.

I hope that clears some things up.  Like I told him, I could easily gather 100's of names backing up my service.  I've been selling and playing for 15 years.  Unfortunately, every once in a great while you get a customer like this.

Onslaught, I will pay you to ship the cards back and give you a full refund.  I will happily have them back to sell them at the normal price.

rucker73

Sorry to say this, but you come off very negatively in your personal little battle with one of your own customers Bornagain.
"Wade! into action!"

rucker73

And just saying...  but as far as prices go.  I can get a complete set of X-men OP from the Orange King for $300, and I couldn't even get the 20 most rare cards from that set from you for anywhere close to that price.
"Wade! into action!"

Bornagain79

Sets are always cheaper because you are buying in bulk.  It's always been that way.  My singles prices are cheaper than his, and anyone elses for that matter.  I also charge less for the entire X-men set as well.

Like I said, I will beat anyone's prices.

Post Merge: July 22, 2011, 02:45:22 PM

Quote from: rucker73 on February 22, 2011, 09:05:46 AM
Sorry to say this, but you come off very negatively in your personal little battle with one of your own customers Bornagain.

It's not a battle.  I was the bigger man and appologized to him because it was my mistake.  I just don't appreciate rude people telling one side of the story in an attempt to discredit me, threatening me, and make me out to a person I am not.  Would you like that if someone did it to you?  I sincerely doubt it.  I'm just trying to share both sides of the story.

gameplan.exe

I love forums. Everyone has a voice  :)

I just wanted to say that I appreciate options when I'm looking for Overpower cards. Each vendor has pros and cons, I think. I'm bummed to see any of them vilified.

I still have about 10 cards I want to get. They're really rare, and expensive, so I'll be thankful to be able to buy them from anyone. Having multiple vendors can only help the consumer. That should be a plus to all of us still playing the game today.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

a_noble_kaz

i've purchased a ridiculous amount of cards from mark and larry. if i can help it, i only deal with mark now. he has cheaper prices, he will negotiate, and he is prompt with his emails. out of the thousands of dollars my brother and i have given mark (bornagain79), we have never received the wrong cards.

and about the quality of your 8e, what did you expect? you paid four bucks for, what, eight cards? what's the big deal?

drdeath25

Quote from: a_noble_kaz on March 08, 2011, 09:59:33 PM
wow.
onslaught, it's hard to take you seriously when you keep posting like a whiney douche. why don't you just stick to posting about your tourney experience instead of blacklisting one of the only two current overpower vendors?

also, i've purchased a ridiculous amount of cards from mark and larry. if i can help it, i only deal with mark now. he has cheaper prices, he will negotiate, and he is prompt with his emails. out of the thousands of dollars my brother and i have given mark (bornagain79), we have never received the wrong cards.

and about the quality of your 8e, what did you expect? you paid four bucks for, what, eight cards? what's the big deal?

It's good that you have had sucessful deals with BA. I wouldn't ever want anyone to get ripped-off for overpower cards. Sadly though, you are in the minority for this (read the other post about this topic). Can you please stop calling people names? I have never once called anyone a Douche, Faggot, Dick or any other disrespectful name on these forums, yet every post i've read from you the last 2 days has called either Onslaught or I one of these names.