Looking to buy booster boxes

Started by Flashhero, March 21, 2017, 06:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flashhero

I am looking to purchase some booster boxes from IQ, monumental, DC, justice league, and classic.

let me if you have anything or know of anyone selling them.
also looking for some singles from powersurge.

thanks

NinjaGaiden2

I just bought a class box for $825 on amazon last week. I normally don't buy boxes on ebay but there is one seller selling one for around the same price.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: NinjaGaiden2 on March 28, 2017, 12:11:46 PM
I just bought a class box for $825 on amazon last week. I normally don't buy boxes on ebay but there is one seller selling one for around the same price.
did you get anything awesome?

NinjaGaiden2

Yeah I got a bunch of artifacts and a few error cards! Also guess what I got two accidentals cap and hulk yahoooo! Not to mention I just completed another set! :)

BasiliskFang

you got Any-Power Teamwork and Avenger's ID Card in 1 box?

NinjaGaiden2

Yeah I did! I think this box was probably one of the very first ones printed that I opened because the first one that I bought back in 1997 from a comic shop also had a mass amount of good cards. I never opened anymore classic boxes that had such a good count of cards inside from the two mentioned. If you ever opened the boxes back then you would know what I'm talking about.

BasiliskFang

VG23

Ninja - what sealed did your Classic box have? One with FLEER printed across, or just a standard clear seal?

OP GOD

VG

Before you get to vested in ninjas mythical box.  Understand.  The sealed box has exponential more value then any card to come out of it.  Ninja send us pics of the cards.  With you In The pics.    Don't open the box.  Even if you pulled the any teamwork (and you won't). You would just prob make a touch of money on what you spent for it.  I would say however if you got cash and haven't opened packs in twenty years. Well that excitement is priceless. I opened a box of powersurge when I got back In the game.  Regretted it.  Lol.

Hope that helps. 

Ps if anyone happens to have an any power teamwork insert I am very interested In Getting one as it completes my ultimate set. 
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

VG23

I should have listened to you.  I opened it a week before I saw your post.  I debated for a long time.  Even did research on the seal itself.  Not sure if anyone's noticed but some boxes have a seal with FLEER printed across it, and some not.  Spoke to a guy who's grandpa worked at FLEER. He said the earlier boxes came with those seals.  Needless to say, epic fail on the purchase and opening.  I will never open a sealed box again.

NinjaGaiden2

I always thought if the seal doesn't have the op manufacture Fleer logo on it then it has been re shrink wrapped box. I could be wrong but that's what I seen happen to me when I opened up several boxes without a factory logo seal! The cards were all shit and not corespondent to the op box itself by ratio and of course the only one that didn't have the Fleer factory sealed logo back then originally was the image. Even though it was made and manufactured by Fleer lol.

Zer0evil

Quote from: NinjaGaiden2 on March 28, 2017, 12:11:46 PM

Why on Earth would you crack a sealed box? You would NEVER get your money back no matter what you pulled...
"Excelsior!" - that one old dude who shows up in all the Marvel movies.

NinjaGaiden2

Not true I just bought another classic box and accidental stuff might be inside again like the last box. You have to make sure that the fleer logo is blue and that the box seal is sealed in the middle of the box. Its really hard to reseal a fleer logo in the middle. I have seen scammers even reseal fleer logo boxes but they look off. You can clearly see holes everywhere on the cellophane and if the seal is not all the way around in the middle of the box then it has been tampered with. I was lucky to buy from Orange king for around $350 a IQ box years ago and it had the right fleer logo and all the cards were good. I also purchased a image box from Ana comic shop long ago and it was around $1000 and all the cards were good. Even though it did not have a fleer logo seal all of the cellophane was tight in the middle of the factory sealed box. Also I bought a X-Men op box from spideyfan for around $900 a year ago and he had the same clear box with no logo and it had the cellophane tight in the middle with the correct crease all around the box. So Image and X-Men OP do not have the fleer logos they just have the tight seal that sticks out from the center of the box all around with no holes on the cellophane plastic wrapping. That is how you know it is factory printed and sealed.