OP Cards not sure what they are worth but I found a box of them.

Started by NinjaGaiden2, April 21, 2018, 01:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaGaiden2

Does anyone remember the old 1997 Marvel vs wildstorm cards. Well I found a bunch of the OP cards that came inside those packs. Does anyone know what they are worth and also are they even playable. Just never came across this conversation with anyone. The card shop dealer sold me a few boxes back in the late 90's for around $50 back in the day and since he said they had a bunch of rare op cards I bought them. I opened them all up and had a bunch of op cards but I never figured out how to play with them since they were never in the op rule book! They have been sitting in a 500 count box of mine and I just found them all protected like they are $100 each lol.

If you guys know anything about them please let me know what to do with them. :o

justa

yeah, I remember.  I went nuts on them to get the holograph OP cards in the packs - both my kids & all my nieces & nephews got a set of Marvel vs Wildstorm cards that Christmas.

the 8 character cards (Brass, Future Backlash, Daemonite Voodoo, Wynonna Earp, Team X, Golden Age Wolverine, Black King, and Crystal) are all playable just like any other OP cards.  I saw a full set of the 8 cards on ebay going for $50.

NinjaGaiden2

So what do I do with the rest of the cards they some of them look like refractors. Its like you described holographic but more coating!

justa

I need to correct myself - the holographic character cards were from the DC set.  the 8 character cards that I listed from the Marvel vs Wildstrom set were of a foil type finish.

yes there were some unique type cards in the Marvel vs. Wildstorm set.  As far as what you do with them, I believe the quote is "you can do whatever you like".  they are not OverPower cards, merely collectables.

NinjaGaiden2

I was just wondering because I also have a bunch of them and not sure if anyone would want them.