VR Overpower Cards

Started by DiceK, March 31, 2011, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

I wanted to get anyone's opinion on what are truly the Rarest cards in the Overpower card game. 

I am an avid collector, and a big fan of the DC Holo Heroes that came out of the Batman Holo Series packs.  Of these, I never seem to run into a Catwoman (Whiplash) card.  I have come across 1 in the many years I have been looking online.  This is separate from a complete set.  I have NEVER heard of anyone pulling that card from a pack.  I pulled a Ras Al Gul a few months back after winning a box online.  Guess I was lucky to get the 1:72 packs.

I never normally see a Tiffany Multi 5, Beyonder, and of course the Classic Accidental Inserts.  Of which, I'm again curious to know if anyone has ever pulled one from a pack?

Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dice K

drdeath25

I've pulled a tiffany 5 from a pack back in the day. Of course got the beyonder from the legion. One of the interetesting cards for me was DoW... i maybe opened about 2 boxes worth of X-Men packs (not bought at the same time), and I pulled 3 DoW's.

I have never been lucky enough to pull a holo hero or accidental insert though. Had to use ebay for those.

Jack

I pulled ONE Batman Avenger after about 70 (maybe closer to the 50th) pack. I knew it was something special when I saw a Blue backing for a card instead of the silly brown.

Bought a bit more than 2 boxes of X-Men and not a single DoW. I even did a live stream of the opening of 4 packs hoping to break the curse, no go.

Palatinus

I have opened a box of X-Men and not gotten a DOW.  When I get my money back from a bad seller I am planning on buying another box of X-Men.

DiceK

Great find in the Batman Avenger.

I find it odd also that when you look on Ebay and see prices for the cards, you always see James Gordon and 2Face selling for less than the Batman Holos.  I also see them way more often.  I would love to have known how many of each were actually put into circulation.  I seriously think the Catwoman is the rarest to find.  As I said before, I have seen 1 and got it immediately.

I'm always in the market for Holo Heroes if someone is interested.  I'll buy (depending on price) or trade.  And I have A LOT of Overpower.

Palatinus

I am curious as to how much Overpower is left anywhere for sale.  It feels like there isn't even enough for one person to get a decent variety of sets anymore let alone enough to get a decent group of newbies playing.  I really wish they would put Overpower back into production.  I have two people I am trying to get into the game, one who played before but stopped around DC and one who has never played, and it is hard to get cards.  I have gotten a hold of the easy to get stuff like the original expansion, Mission Control, and DC starters and boosters, but the rest is very expensive to invest in for players who may or may not continue the game.

DiceK

Agreed.  I really wish now that I had continued collecting after I was done playing the game.  I think there were still a lot of IQ, Classic and X-Men boxes out there to be had.  I never see Image Boosters, even for a ridiculous price.  I have a box of Image Starters, but that was all I could get a hold of. 

If there are specific cards you're looking for, let me know.  I have a lot of IQ, Powersurge, Mission, Obviously Original, and Monumental.  I have some Image, but not a lot of the rares. 

Email me a list of stuff you're interested in, and I'm really in the market for the stuff I've been talking about:  Holo Heroes, DwD, DoW, Beyonder, etc.

Jack

When I moved to my current city for university, I did a quick hunt for some OP. I was able to find a small gold mine at a video game store. Got close to 100 PS and 100 IQ packs, 2 Classic, a few black Originals (one was a bugged pack, 13/17 were OPDs) and a few others. It doesn't hurt to ask.

In my home city, I asked the owner if he had any OP left, he looked and a week later he had 2 X-Men boxes he was willing to let go for $50 each.

Bios

Quote from: Jack on March 31, 2011, 06:57:25 PM
When I moved to my current city for university, I did a quick hunt for some OP. I was able to find a small gold mine at a video game store. Got close to 100 PS and 100 IQ packs, 2 Classic, a few black Originals (one was a bugged pack, 13/17 were OPDs) and a few others. It doesn't hurt to ask.

In my home city, I asked the owner if he had any OP left, he looked and a week later he had 2 X-Men boxes he was willing to let go for $50 each.

Unbelievable! I do have a sealed Mission Control box that I am not willing to open. There is nothing rare in Mission Control, I guess.

Palatinus

I have/had a bunch of boxes of original and Batman/Superman.  I use them to get new players started.  Mission Control is still pretty available.  I just bought a box a day ago for my new players.  I am still missing a couple of IQ heroes, but I'm not sure which ones.  I really need to do an inventory of my collection.  I know I am missing a few Classic heroes, a couple X-Men heroes, and a few Image heroes.