How much would "you" pay for a Holo Hero?

Started by DiceK, May 06, 2011, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

I'm trying to find out what people have paid or would be willing to pay for these cards.

I personally think the prices on ebay are extremely overpriced.

A couple years ago I got a Ras and an Avenger for $20 each.  I see a set on ebay right now for close to $500. 

I understand the arguments that some are more than others, but overall, they "should" have produced the same # of cards, making these holo heroes all roughly the same price. 

Your thoughts...?

Nostalgic

ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

It's totally just supply and demand. I saw both Batman HOLO up for auction on eBay a few months ago. I would've bought them for their final prices (they went for about $60 each), but I had no $ at the time. It's a bummer.

I think $60 might be my max, personally, for any of them.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: ncannelora on May 06, 2011, 12:32:59 PM
I think $60 might be my max, personally, for any of them.

I here that. Some people, like Deadpool, just have a "high threshold of pain." LoL!
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jack

I paid about $200 for a set of 5 a few years ago.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on May 06, 2011, 04:31:47 PM

Cool. Which did you not get?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Quote from: ncannelora on May 06, 2011, 04:52:28 PM
Quote from: Jack on May 06, 2011, 04:31:47 PM

Cool. Which did you not get?
Catwoman, but I was able to get those in another lot, I think 4 for $120.

Onslaught

Speaking of Holo Heroes, someone should trade me Batman. Perhaps someone who recently won one in a tournament.. *cough...Hot Rod*

DiceK

The Catwoman is the one I have seen the least.  I have 1 of it, and it was the only one I have ever seen by itself on ebay.

Kyle

$1. Have no interest in DC... if they were marvel holos, on the other hand...  8)

Nate Grey

Quote from: Kyle on May 06, 2011, 07:20:58 PM
$1. Have no interest in DC... if they were marvel holos, on the other hand...  8)

You took the words right out of my mouth.  ;D