"Best" OverPower card on eBay

Started by Jack, September 01, 2011, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

gameplan.exe

LOL!! seriously funny! I wonder how much he spent to have that card "graded"?  ::)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

CoS

I never heard of a mighty shield insert card... Did I miss the boat on this?

Jack

Quote from: CoS on September 02, 2011, 01:01:38 AM
I never heard of a mighty shield insert card... Did I miss the boat on this?
Sadly, when Marvel decided to do the Any Hero promos in the comic books in '96, they included another card in the wrapper (along with the sweepstakes card). Many auctions online have stated that these cards must be promos as well.

Demacus

WOW for only $18, how are we all not bidding on this incredibly rare gem? I mean, I may have a few hundred Mighty Shield's, but none of mine were rated 10.0 PSA!!! I wonder if I have any 9.4 or better Missions floating around... $25 each, $150 for a set of 7!

Jack

Quote from: Demacus on September 02, 2011, 10:09:44 AM
WOW for only $18, how are we all not bidding on this incredibly rare gem? I mean, I may have a few hundred Mighty Shield's, but none of mine were rated 10.0 PSA!!! I wonder if I have any 9.4 or better Missions floating around... $25 each, $150 for a set of 7!
I found it funny how some people actually thought that all missions were actually worth something. Other than AoO and Shattered Image (from packs), missions are essentially worthless.

But that's not even the saddest part, some people were actually selling mission cards individually...

gameplan.exe

I know, right?! You would think that ebaY would teach people a thing or two about supply and demand, but nope! I've seen that incomplete first edition "set" listed around $100 multiple times. I even sent the guy a message, referring to bornagain79's complete first edition that he has listed for $70ish - that no one is buying!

But hey, I guess if it's that valuable to the seller, who am I to say what the value is? Just a non-consumer then, I guess  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

I think we should dedicate this topic to silly auctions. Here's one I sent to BBH a while ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150647513714

It was actually about $15 or so when the auction started, dropped to $10, and now relisted at $2. That's an OK price though I would prefer the comic that it came in for completeness sake.

Demacus