so i built a deck that heavily features basic universe

Started by breadmaster, December 28, 2013, 07:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

and a question came up that got some different answers

can a player defend an attack with a universe card, when the power card alone would be sufficient?

there is no rule that says you cannot.  it IS illegal to use a special bonus (prof's +2) if it is not required, but that is a meta rule tied to the special

in the past I've been in favour of applying the rules liberally rather than narrowly, so I'd lean towards the universe NOT being allowed, but I'd like to hear some other thoughts on the matter

DiceK

I'll offer my opinion that I think it should be legal; however, I don't know what the official ruling would be.

chuu

i would say it's legal, it's like defending a level 1 power card with an level 8 power card...maybe you need that multi level 2 for a team work...

i liked that deck, lots of draw power...

steve2275

Quote from: breadmaster on December 28, 2013, 07:58:07 PM
and a question came up that got some different answers

can a player defend an attack with a universe card, when the power card alone would be sufficient?

there is no rule that says you cannot.  it IS illegal to use a special bonus (prof's +2) if it is not required, but that is a meta rule tied to the special
sorry
but does that include http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/special-codes/eq-and-meta/

gameplan.exe

Yeah, Breadmaster, I'd say you're good with it. There are no rules saying you can only use a Universe when needed.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

teesaw

Might I ask (possibly a stupid question) why would you do this?  Is this a situation where you've placed a BU and you want to get rid of it so you can place a different Uni on the next turn?
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

chuu

Breadmaster built a deck that allows one of his characters to draw two cards everytime they play a BU.  Mojo world aspect and Falcon's BU special.  The rest of his team will draw one card every time they play a BU...it's pretty cool.

gameplan.exe

very clever! Breadmaster, you mind sharing how many B.U.s you're using in that deck?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27