Marvel Legendary

Started by binarymelon, December 04, 2012, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binarymelon

Has anyone given this a try?  I've got a copy coming for Christmas, but won't be able to try it until then.  BoardGameGeeks and the folks at the VS System forum have mostly good things to say about it.

thetrooper27

"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

thetrooper27

I can't tell much by the link, but if I saw enough good reviews, I would get it.  I love to play cards, period.  Any game involving card interaction is cool.  Superheroes and fantasy make it even cooler!  But OverPower and Magic are the two best.  Ever.  The end.

Is this game supposed to have expansion packs come out over the next few years?  I think you get all you need in this one box set, but add ons would make it even cooler.  A game needs growth to have staying power... most of the time.

rucker73

I am psyched to get this one.  My local game store sold out of it's first order on the first day they had it. 

Yes they are planning future expansions.  This summer is supposed to be an X-Force/Marvel knights expansion with more planned every 3-4 months there after.
"Wade! into action!"

thetrooper27

Ill probably check it out.  If anyone plays this, please post your experience with it.  I'll likely wait till I get more feedback, but it could be fun... looks like it has alot of rules. 

Kal-el

I have it on order but it won't ship until another preorder is released. I'm really excited to play it.

gameplan.exe

I'm very interested, but don't have anyone to play it with me up here (yet?)  :'(

Ranerdar bought it, though, and he played it last Saturday (forgot to get his feedback, though). He did point me to this YouTube video for a breakdown/preview: Watch It Played

looks pretty cool, plus it has Gambit!  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

OverPower has too much stuff to remember. :-X

Bullio

I can say this, at least: it's the first Marvel card game since OP to have piqued my interest on a purely visual level, although it's a bit of shame they reused character art instead of giving each card unique art.  Maybe it's part of the game design?  Anyway, I definitely do not need another money sink.  And I have no one here to play it with, so I'll pass but I'm still curious to hear what people think of it.

Kal-el

My copy will be here Saturday. I'll report back how it is.

KObossy

I got thru 7 minutes of the solo vid before I gave up. :o

Kal-el

Mine showed up. Cards are very nice quality and the artwork is great (if repetitive). Haven't played yet. Still busy sleeving all 550 cards.