Avoid 1

Started by Jesse, February 15, 2012, 06:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

What is the difference between an "Avoid 1 attack" vs a "_________ May avoid any numerical attack?"
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

joker cant avoid cards like

stars & stripes can

Palatinus

To clarify, an attack is any card from your opponent that targets you or your heroes.  An avoid one attack card can avoid any card from the opponent that targets one of your heroes while a numerical avoid can only avoid a numerical attack.

Jesse

Wow! I feel like a complete idiot....granted I havent played in years, but when I did my circle of players always took both as "numerical" attack blockers - this is nice to know now. Wish I would've known that back then.

Thanks guys.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Palatinus

I was also unaware of this back in the day.  There are so many AV specials I would have avoided had I known.

Jesse

Quote from: Palatinus on February 15, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
I was also unaware of this back in the day.  There are so many AV specials I would have avoided had I known.

LOL! My thought, just based on Steve2275's post was how many times I could have blocked the Power Leech.......

steve2275

Quote from: Jesse on February 15, 2012, 12:06:50 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on February 15, 2012, 10:00:26 AM

LOL! My thought, just based on Steve2275's post was how many times I could have blocked the Power Leech.......
and you know

Kal-el

I'm the same way. We played tons of stuff wrong, but the fact that we never figured out we could avoid non-damage attacks was weird. I guess that's what happens when you read the rules once when you're twelve and never agani.