Shifting Non-numerical Attacks

Started by Nostalgic, February 17, 2012, 10:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostalgic

Can you shift non-numerical attacks with AC specials?  If yes, can the attack be shifted to a character that it won't affect? For instance a 'Target must discard placed card' special shifted to a character with no placed cards or an AV special shifted to a character that already has an AV or AX in play on them.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nostalgic on February 17, 2012, 10:26:27 AM

Can you shift non-numerical attacks with AC specials?  If yes, can the attack be shifted to a character that it won't affect? For instance a 'Target must discard placed card' special shifted to a character with no placed cards or an AV special shifted to a character that already has an AV or AX in play on them.

It can be shifted, even with no effect, as long as it's still a valid attack.  Using your examples...

You can only shift the AI (displace) to another character who has something placed.
  -  This is because you can only play the AI against some one who has cards placed, which is why you can't keep it in your hand at the start of a hand, unless your opponent has things placed.

You can, however, shift an AV to a person with no attacks to make, or a GA to a person who has no Specials in that hand anyway.
  -  This is because your opponent can always attack you with an AV or a GA, even if the targeted character has no attacks or Specials anyway.

The one exception made to this rule is with CW and BJ type cards in play. If they are in play, you can actually still shift subsequent attacks to the person who was protected, but in doing so, you're moving the attack "behind" the protecting Special.

In the words of BBH, "Clear as mud?"  8)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Makes sense.  Kinda funny to think of Colossus sitting on top of someone with his AX and then another character shifts Prof X's AV on him too. He's REEEEALLY not going anywhere.   ;D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Palatinus

Quote from: Nostalgic on February 18, 2012, 01:27:16 PM
Makes sense.  Kinda funny to think of Colossus sitting on top of someone with his AX and then another character shifts Prof X's AV on him too. He's REEEEALLY not going anywhere.   ;D

Or the reverse if you're playing against a lock deck and one of your characters is already being held down by Colossus and you shift Prof X onto that character.  Could save you from being totally creamed.