Passing your turn

Started by DarKBladE09, March 10, 2012, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

I realize that after a player passes, it is because they cannot attack from their hand and either do not want to attack from placed cards or doesn't have any attacking placed cards. What happens if a special that is in play causes a player that has previously passed, to draw a card, and that card is an attack? Do they have to continue to pass?

Jack

To clarify on passing:
You can only pass if you have no legal "offensive" cards in your hand. Offensive cards are not limited to attacks but could also be a negate card (e.g. AO) (if your opponent has landed any hits or has an battle/game lasting specials in play -- you have to play a negate), draw cards (e.g. AT, HQ), healing cards (e.g. AL), etc. Any cards that you can start off a turn with and does not require a previous action from your opponent.

Once you qualify to pass, you cannot make any more offensive moves during the battle and can only pass again or concede.

A good card to consider, in your scenario, would be LO, which allows you to draw after defending an action. The drawn card can only be used as a defensive action as per the rules.

gameplan.exe

Another good example of this, is the AZ-coded Special. If it's down to a 1-on-1 game (or if an FD is in play), then the AZ card may force your opponent to pass, even though they might have attacks in their hand, but then when you attack them on your next turn they might have legal attacks left and be forced to pass, because they've already passed
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

AO user

Let's see if I got it:  my opponent  and I are down to one card in hand.  I have a lil iceman placed (KL) and an activator in hand for a AG avoid.  I pass.  His turn he plays DOW.  I may NOT play KL this battle since I passed.  I cannot play activator to DOW since that is an offensive action. Correct?

OP3