Marvel NOW!

Started by Bullio, October 24, 2012, 04:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

I downloaded the Marvel Digital App and I'm going to talk my wife into the $27 to catch up  ;D I'm going out of town after work today, though the weekend, so it should give me plenty of time to catch up!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

i heard the gambit book is quite good. 

did you have a chance to pick it up?...thoughs?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on April 09, 2013, 09:33:00 PM
i heard the gambit book is quite good. 

did you have a chance to pick it up?...thoughs?

I'm up to issue 6 (need to buy 7-10 still), but I've been busy reading X-Men Essentials 3 (almost done, though) because I got X-Men Essentials 4 in the mail and I'm excited to read God Loves Man Kills!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

for sure man.  claremont was KILLING it back then

thetrooper27

I hear Hulk and Superior Spiderman are awesome.  Anyone checking those out?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Demacus

Superior Spider-Man is fascinating...  I can't wait for those new issues each month...  and Thor: God of Thunder!  Damn!  Good reading.

thetrooper27

I spent some time with a friend today and he caught me up on everything happening since Avengers vs. Xmen.  I was skeptical at first, but they're doing some really cool things with Marvel Now.  With the Original Xmen in current continuity, he wanted to build a team with them on it.:)  BIG fun.  Anyway, Hulk, Superior Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Venom, the Xbooks... pretty much everything I looked at was ace.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Nostalgic

Quote from: thetrooper27 on April 14, 2013, 01:19:24 AM
I spent some time with a friend today and he caught me up on everything happening since Avengers vs. Xmen.  I was skeptical at first, but they're doing some really cool things with Marvel Now.  With the Original Xmen in current continuity, he wanted to build a team with them on it.:)  BIG fun.  Anyway, Hulk, Superior Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Venom, the Xbooks... pretty much everything I looked at was ace.

Yea I just picked up one of the books about the orignal xmen in today's world and I'm hooked. I haven't been in to comics in some time but some interesting stuff is going on these days. Also the art is great.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Bullio

Quote from: thetrooper27 on April 12, 2013, 10:33:12 AM
I hear Hulk and Superior Spiderman are awesome.  Anyone checking those out?

I keep looking for an excuse to drop Hulk for budgetary reasons, but I find one thing about each new issue that keeps me going.  Walt Simonson did the art for 6 (and the upcoming 7), which was about Banner and his crew of scientists taking a field trip to Jotunheim.  Hijinks ensue.

Not really sure where Waid's taking the overall plot yet.  The book is holding my interest better than Deadpool and especially Superior Spider-Man (which I dropped after 4 issues because I found it incredibly dull and not on par with other Slott-written Spider-Man stuff like Big Time and Spider Island), but I'm actively looking for a clean breaking point to stop buying it and then back issue it once it starts going somewhere.  Though "Hulk as a S.H.I.E.L.D.-guided wrecking ball" is a fun concept that keeps bringing me back each month.