Image Version 2.1 Image 2 Set (Print Shop Ready)

Started by fennshysa, September 29, 2022, 07:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fennshysa

Finally made a template I didn't hate with the basic Image logo. This one will include anything not Top Cow, or Wildstorm.  Always wanted to add Keown's Pitt so that's the first one here. Also added Mako back in. He is different from my first version. I changed half of the cards to mechanics that match the title better. The character card is the same.

Link to Folder

Curse-Brutal Dissection   
Target Character must discard all Placed cards. Target Character may only have 1 card Placed to him at any time, for remainder of game.

Curse-Minions   
Acts as a level 2 Strength attack. May make 2 additional attacks.

Cy-Gor      3-4-7-2 (16)   
Cy-Gor's team is +5 to Venture Total when opponent's character is KO'd.

Cy-Gor-Avatar Of Death   
Acts as a level 5 Intellect attack. If successful and Target has Hits totaling 15 or more, then Target is KO'd regardless of Inherent Abilities and other Special cards.

Cy-Gor-Project SIM   
Play during battle. In the battle that Cy-Gor is KO'd, Cy-Gor may continue to fight and are not discarded until the end of the battle.

Cy-Gor-Frankenstein Creation   
Play with any Basic Universe card. Cy-Gor's Power Grid gets Bonus in that Power Type for remainder of game.

Cy-Gor-Cybernetic Gorilla   
Acts as a level 4 Energy or Strength attack. May make 1 additional attack.

Cy-Gor-Beast Mode   
Only Cy-Gor and Target Character may attack, be attacked or defend this battle. Neither player may concede this battle.

Cy-Gor-Rampage   
Acts as a level 8 Strength attack. If successful, target character must immediately discard 1 placed card

Mako      1-5-7-3 (16)   
Draw 1 Card from Draw Pile when opponent's character KO'd. Keep Duplicates.

Mako-Disarming Attack   
Target Character must discard all Placed cards. Target Character may only have 1 card Placed to him at any time, for remainder of game.

Mako-Feeding Frenzy   
Acts as a level 5 Fighting Attack. If successful, Mako may make as many Power card attacks as possible. Opponent may defend.

Mako-Leathery Skin   
Avoid 1 attack of 6 or less. Mako may draw 1 card from the top of the Draw Pile. Discard duplicates.

Mako-Out Of The Depths   
Acts as a level 6 Intellect attack, may be made while Mako is in Reserve.

Mako-Savage Shark-Man   
Acts as a level 5 Any-Power attack. May make 1 additional attack.

Mako-Terrifying Visage   
Opponent may not play any Any Hero/Character or Activator Cards for remainder of battle.

Maxx      2-6-6-3 (17)   
May keep 1 duplicate "Protector" Special.

Maxx-Claw Spikes   
Acts as a level 4 Fighting attack. May make 1 additional attack.

Maxx-Julie, The Leopard Queen   
Acts as a level 3 Energy, Fighting, Strength, or Intellect attack. Maxx may play 1 additional Special card.

Maxx-Protector   
Teammate may avoid 1 attack.

Maxx-The Outback   
Opponent may not attack or defend with cards from a Battlesite for remainder of battle.

Maxx-Rabbit Totem   
Draw 3 cards. Discard duplicates.

Maxx-Vanquisher of Isz   
Acts as a level 5 Strength attack +1 for each Maxx Special in all character's Permanent Records and Hits From Current Battle.

Pitt      3-5-8-3 (19)

Pitt-Born To Kill   
Play during battle. For remainder of battle, any Special card played must be a Special card that acts as an attack. Other Special cards may not be played.

Pitt-Deadly Claws
Acts as a level 3 Fighting attack. May make 1 additional Power Card attack. Neither attack may be defended with a Special Card.

Pitt-I'm Not Impressed   
Avoid 1 attack made with a Power card or remove 1 Power card Hit from Pitt or teammate.

Pitt-Power From Pain   
Acts as a level 8 Strength attack +1 for each hit on Pitt's permanent record.

Pitt-Psychic Lock   
Play on Target Character as an attack. Attacks made on Target Character, including "Psychic Lock," may not be moved to any of Target's teammates for remainder of game.

Pitt-Timmy   
Pitt's team's Universe: Ally cards are +2 for remainder of game.

Supreme      7-4-8-4 (23)

Supreme-Anger Issues   
Supreme may make as many Power card attacks as possible. Opponent may defend.

Supreme-God Complex   
Only Supreme and Target Character may attack, be attacked, or defend this battle.

Supreme-Homicidal Hero   
KO any one of Supreme's teammates. All of teammate's Hits from Current Battle are discarded and do not get added to Venture Total for this battle.

Supreme-Mountain O' Muscle   
Supreme's hits to K.O. number is increased to 30.

Supreme-Perfidious   
Acts as a level 8 Energy, Fighting, or Strength attack.

Supreme-Wanton Destruction   
Acts as a level 4 Strength attack against Target Character, or a level 8 Any-Power attack against Target Battlesite.

Youngblood      4-7-7-3 (21)

Youngblood-Badrock
Acts as a level 10 Strength attack.

Youngblood-Chapel   
Opponent must discard 1 placed card of Youngblood's choice

Youngblood-Diehard   
Teammate may avoid 1 attack of 9 or less.

Youngblood-Link   
Acts as a level 6 Energy attack. If successful, Opponent must reveal all cards playable by Target Character and play them open handed for remainder of battle.

Youngblood-Shaft   
Acts as a level 2 Fighting attack. If successful, acts as a level 8 Strength Power card.

Youngblood-Vogue   
Acts as a level 7 Fighting attack. If successful, target character may not use cards with Fighting icon for remainder of battle.

Bloodwurm

Gorgeous!!!

Stupid question though: Shouldn't Pitt's "Timmy" card be OPD? I mean those could stack to high values....

fennshysa

Thanks!  Not a stupid question. I do believe you are right. I just didn't think of that. Thanks.

justa

justa adding my unsolicited opinion:

i see no problem with Timmy being non-OPD, despite the possibility of a "stack factor".  this is based on several considerations.
A) how many Timmy's are you going to put in your deck?  it adds nothing to current venture total, nor does it do any damage.  so that puts you at a 1 card disadvantage this hand on the hope of a future reward.  getting duplicates of Timmy in 1 hand just makes it that much worse.
B) how many Ally cards to you carry in a deck?  keep in mind that each Ally card MUST be followed up by a character-specific special.  in my own playing experience, any more than 3 in a relatively minimum sized deck (56-60) becomes a problem due to lack of Special support or placing slots.  (larger deck sizes have their own disadvantages that i won't go into here.)
C) even if you stack 3 Timmys (at least 3 hands, probably more), what have you really gained?  you've upped a level 3 to a level 9 for attack value only (not damage or VT), for which there are still several Special card codes that can defend.
D) when you get down to the end game (1 character left), the Allies become dead weight (unusable) due to no teammate along with the Timmys.

i guess my bottom line is do what you determine to be best.  i can go either way with it.

fennshysa

Pretty good argument there also. Now i'm content to leave them non-OPD. I've been a little busy but i finished some up yesterday. I realized that there weren't enough of Liefeld's Characters I was going to use to make their own set so they've been folded into the Image 2 set.
I may need to upload a few of these but they are all done. Cy-Gor is the same. Maxx; bumped his Strength by 1, reworded the inherent and changed art on his specials. Youngblood has some new art on the specials. Supreme is new, this is that early angry, fanatical version. Maybe someday I'll do an Alan Moore version. Kept the extra Curse card I had previously made and added a proxy for brutal dissection.

Curse-Brutal Dissection   

Curse-Minions   

Cy-Gor      3-4-7-2 (16)   
Cy-Gor's team is +5 to Venture Total when opponent's character is KO'd.

Cy-Gor-Avatar Of Death   
Acts as a level 5 Intellect attack. If successful and Target has Hits totaling 15 or more, then Target is KO'd regardless of Inherent Abilities and other Special cards.

Cy-Gor-Project SIM   
Play during battle. In the battle that Cy-Gor is KO'd, Cy-Gor may continue to fight and are not discarded until the end of the battle.

Cy-Gor-Frankenstein Creation   
Play with any Basic Universe card. Cy-Gor's Power Grid gets Bonus in that Power Type for remainder of game.

Cy-Gor-Cybernetic Gorilla   
Acts as a level 4 Energy or Strength attack. May make 1 additional attack.

Cy-Gor-Beast Mode   
Only Cy-Gor and Target Character may attack, be attacked or defend this battle. Neither player may concede this battle.

Cy-Gor-Rampage   
Acts as a level 8 Strength attack. If successful, target character must immediately discard 1 placed card

Maxx      2-6-6-3 (17)   
May keep 1 duplicate "Protector" Special.

Maxx-Claw Spikes   
Acts as a level 4 Fighting attack. May make 1 additional attack.

Maxx-Julie, The Leopard Queen   
Acts as a level 3 Energy, Fighting, Strength, or Intellect attack. Maxx may play 1 additional Special card.

Maxx-Protector   
Teammate may avoid 1 attack.

Maxx-The Outback   
Opponent may not attack or defend with cards from a Battlesite for remainder of battle.

Maxx-Rabbit Totem   
Draw 3 cards. Discard duplicates.

Maxx-Vanquisher of Isz   
Acts as a level 5 Strength attack +1 for each Maxx Special in all character's Permanent Records and Hits From Current Battle.

Supreme      7-4-8-4 (23)

Supreme-Anger Issues   
Supreme may make as many Power card attacks as possible. Opponent may defend.

Supreme-God Complex   
Only Supreme and Target Character may attack, be attacked, or defend this battle.

Supreme-Homicidal Hero   
KO any one of Supreme's teammates. All of teammate's Hits from Current Battle are discarded and do not get added to Venture Total for this battle.

Supreme-Mountain O' Muscle   
Supreme's hits to K.O. number is increased to 30.

Supreme-Perfidious   
Acts as a level 8 Energy, Fighting, or Strength attack.

Supreme-Wanton Destruction   
Acts as a level 4 Strength attack against Target Character, or a level 8 Any-Power attack against Target Battlesite.

Youngblood      4-7-7-3 (21)

Youngblood-Badrock
Acts as a level 10 Strength attack.

Youngblood-Chapel   
Opponent must discard 1 placed card of Youngblood's choice

Youngblood-Diehard   
Teammate may avoid 1 attack of 9 or less.

Youngblood-Link   
Acts as a level 6 Energy attack. If successful, Opponent must reveal all cards playable by Target Character and play them open handed for remainder of battle.

Youngblood-Shaft   
Acts as a level 2 Fighting attack. If successful, acts as a level 8 Strength Power card.

Youngblood-Vogue   
Acts as a level 7 Fighting attack. If successful, target character may not use cards with Fighting icon for remainder of battle.

EDIT: Also added Ordway and Gordon's WildStar.

WildStar      5-3-7-3 (18)   
When WildStar moves to the Front Line from the Reserve you may Draw 1 card. Discard duplicates.

WildStar-Bio-Circuit Discharge   
Acts as a level 8 Energy attack. If successful, WildStar may not use cards with an Energy icon for remainder of battle.

WildStar-Future Fugitive   
Play in the current battle. Negates the effect of all Event cards in the next battle. Both players may still redraw for played Event cards.

WildStar-K'l Vann Symbiote   
Avoid 1 attack made with a Power card or remove 1 Power card hit from WildStar or teammate.

WildStar-Last-Ditch Effort   
Acts as a level 3 Fighting attack, +1 for each Mission card in WildStar's Defeated Missions Pile.

WildStar-Memories Of Tomorrow   
Look at top 8 cards of Draw Pile and choose any 1 card. Put chosen card in Hand. Put "Memories Of Tomorrow" on top of Draw Pile. Reshuffle Draw Pile.

WildStar-Time-Loop   
Sort through Defeated Heroes Pile and remove 1 Event card. Put Event card into Draw Pile. Reshuffle Draw Pile.

justa

quite the remake on Mako's cards.  seems you put up the original version not too long ago.
Pitt's been done twice before, and you only had 1 overlap from previous versions (pain card - art and mechanic).  but yours is the 1st version to assign codes to the specials, which makes it the best of the 3.
i take it your Supreme version is before his "self-imposed exile" period.  any thoughts of adding Suprema?
Wildstar i'm not familiar with - it doesn't seem the comic was around for long, but then again neither were Cerebro's X-men, and they got spots in legacy OP, so why not?
lookin' good, fenn!

fennshysa

WildStar was heavily promoted in the second batch of Image comics. Had two cards in Wizard Magazine I think. But only got 7 issues. They weren't too bad, i quickly read them when looking for art. I tried to keep the Supreme stuff based on the early issues before Alan Moore wrote it. I was thinking about a second version sometime based on the Alan Moore stuff. I'd probably do Suprema then too. The rest of this set will probably be Savage Dragon and Liefeld characters.

justa

fennshysa

I've added Overlord, Mighty Man, some proxies and a new card for Shadowhawk, Savage Dragon, Curse and Overtkill.  I'll post text sometime later.

justa

are you planning on other Freak Force Members?  The names Superpatriot, Ricochet. and Rapture are used by Marvel characters as well as FF.  something to consider...

fennshysa

Probably Superpatriot. Maybe Rapture.
I've been thinking about duplicate naming conventions. I've been thinking maybe about adding a symbol after the name to duplicates like rapture.

Curse-Appendage Of Death   
Acts as a level 4 Energy attack. If successful, Target Character must discard all Placed cards into Dead Pile.

Curse-Brutal Dissection   

Curse-Minions   

Mighty Man      2-2-8-5 (17)

Mighty Man-American Legend   
Play in the current battle. Mighty Man is +7 to Venture total for next battle.

Mighty Man-Catching Criminals   
Target Character may not attack or play Special cards for remainder of battle.

Mighty Man-Earth's Mightiest Man   
Acts as a level 9 Any-Power Power card. May be used to attack or defend. May not be combined with Universe cards.

Mighty Man-Freak Force   
Acts as a level 3 Fighting attack. Each Front Line teammate may make 1 additional attack.

Mighty Man-Nurse Ann   
Remove 1 Hit of 5 or less from the Permanent Record or Hits From Current Battle of Mighty Man or teammate. May affect Venture Total.

Mighty Man-Supersonic   
Attack made on teammate is now made on Mighty Man, who may defend. If successfuly defended, Mighty Man may draw 1 card from the Draw Pile. Discard duplicates.

Overlord      6-2-5-7 (20)

Overlord-Chicago Crimelord   
Overlord's team is +2 to Venture Total for remainder of game.

Overlord-Custom Armor   
Avoid 1 attack

Overlord-Gauntlet Blast   
Acts as a level 5 Energy attack. If successful, opponent must discard all Special cards from hand.

Overlord-Gigawatt Laser   
Acts as a level 10 Energy attack.

Overlord-Reign Of Terror   
Acts as a level 3 Intellect attack, +1 for each Mission card in Overlord's Completed Missions Pile.

Overlord-Vicious Circle   
Acts as a level 5 Any-Power attack. Overlord may make 1 additional Power card attack for every card in Opponent's Defeated Missions Pile. Opponent may defend.

Overtkill-Contract Hit   
Acts as a level 6 Any-Power attack. If successful, Target Character is KO'd by next level 2 Strength Power Card Hit, regardless of Inherent Abilities and other Special cards.

Overtkill-Heads Up   
Play as Overtkill concedes battle. Overtkill's team may discard 3 cards to top of Draw Pile.

Overtkill-One-Man Army   
Overtkill may make 1 follow up attack after Overtkill plays a Universe: Teamwork card for remainder of game.\

Savage Dragon-Chicago's Protector   
Remove 1 Hit from Savage Dragon's Battlesite.

Savage Dragon-Savage Strength   
Acts as a level 6 Any-Power attack. If successful, Target Character is KO'd by next level 2 MultiPower Power Card Hit, regardless of Inherent Abilities and other Special cards.

Shadowhawk-Back Snap   
Acts as a level 4 Any-Power attack. If successful, Target Character may be KO'd using normal KO rules, regardless of Inherent Abilities or other Special cards, for remainder of battle.

Shadowhawk-Brutal Revenge   
Acts as a level 5 Intellect attack. If successful, Opponent must discard all cards with a Strength icon from hand.

Shadowhawk-Strike From The Shadows   
For remainder of game, Shadowhawk may play his first attack face-down each battle. Opponent must guess defense.

fennshysa

Added Glory.

Glory      2-7-7-4 (20)

Glory-Amazon Warrior   
Avoid 1 Attack. Opponent must discard 1 card from Hand. Opponents choice.

Glory-Awesome Allies   
Play in current battle. Do not discard duplicates in next battle.

Glory-Devilish Heritage   
Acts as a level 8 Energy, Strength, Fighting, or Intellect attack.

Glory-Don't Hold Back   
Acts as a level 6 Strength attack, +2 if made against a Character with a Strength Power Grid of 7 or 8.

Glory-Enchanted Sword   
Acts as a level 4 Energy or Fighting attack. Attack is not affected by Special cards already in play.

Glory-Keeping It Together   
Glory's Battlesite's Hits to K.O. number is increased by 10 points for remainder of game.

justa

i would have thought that with her speed, low-level magical ability, and transformation abilities that her Energy would be higher (4 maybe?).  that would take points away from other type to maintain a reasonable total.  (4673?)  justa personal opinion.  its works fine as is.

fennshysa

I originally had 3-7-7-3. Then I thought she seemed fairly smart and less magical so I bumped it over.

justa

fair enough - character interpretation is a very subjective thing.  somebody else made a character card for her at 6463 (no specials, though).  it's all good.