discarding unusables during discard phase

Started by breadmaster, August 24, 2011, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuu

I have a question about Team works and how the discarding rule applies to them.  Let's say you draw 3 team works and 2 power cards (that meet all three TW requirements, and no other power cards placed) do you have to discard one of the TWs if you can't place it?

joe_fixit

I'm pretty sure you only need to place one of them. The two power cards would make the other two usable, they might become unusable during the battle but at that point you wouldn't have to pitch them.

justa

As long as the 3 TW cards have different to use requirements.  As joe fixit said, only 1 Power card is required for a TW to be usable.

chuu

Yes, but I have 3 tws, can't place any of them and only 2 power cards, do I have to pitch one of the tws?

joe_fixit

If you can't place any of them then you must choose one and discard it.

chuu

that's what I thought...

So here's another hypothetical question, let's say that my opponent has a DB placed, so I know my first, second or third TW won't need a power card, do I still have to discard?

LOL

DarKBladE09

The way I understand the rule is... If your cards becoming playable is dependent on some specific scenario caused by your opponent, then those cards must be considered unplayable and discarded. You would have to be 100% certain the opponent would play that DB in order to keep all three teamworks, and that certainty is high, but not 100%.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the above, as it's been a long time since I've played. The obvious contradiction to my statement would be holding an avoid 1 attack in your hand, not knowing if your opponent will actually attack that character.