Storm:Neutralized Activator

Started by Demacus, March 21, 2013, 02:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

I know that none of the locations actually specify Storm:Bloodstorm or Storm:Neutralized, so here's the question...  Could I use the Storm:Neutralized hero card as an activator for ANY location which lists Storm, and add any Storm or Morlocks non-OPD under the battlesite for each Strom:Neutralized activator I add to the deck?

Also, if i were to run Storm, Storm:Bloodstorm, and Storm:Neutralized as activators, they would count as duplicates of each other, if drawn in the same hand, right?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on March 21, 2013, 02:47:07 PM
I know that none of the locations actually specify Storm:Bloodstorm or Storm:Neutralized, so here's the question...  Could I use the Storm:Neutralized hero card as an activator for ANY location which lists Storm, and add any Storm or Morlocks non-OPD under the battlesite for each Strom:Neutralized activator I add to the deck?

Also, if i were to run Storm, Storm:Bloodstorm, and Storm:Neutralized as activators, they would count as duplicates of each other, if drawn in the same hand, right?

yes, you can use any of the 3 variants as activators. also, using Storm:N will allow use/retrieval of Morlocks-non-OPDs.

and yes, all 3 count as duplicates. think of it like, you couldn't put the three of them on a team together, either.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

I need a lot more of that Storm:N card...  lol

thetrooper27

I thought the retrieval only worked with the Morlock tunnels... I didn't know you could put Morlocks non OPD's on a Wakanda battle site?  That's crazy!
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

The technical rule for Battlesites is that the list of Characters on the location define what Activators you include, and from those Activators, one card chosen from their pool of Specials to be put into the site.

The reverse isn't true, you can't put Storm: Neutralized into The Sewers site. And you can't put Morlocks Activators into Wakanda, etc.

Demacus

But using Storm:N with a Wakanda battlesite, you CAN put Morlock specials usable by Storm: N, right?

Jack

Storm: Neutralized can access Morlocks' non-OPDs so yes, it would be allowed.

Demacus

Along the same line of questions...  If I am using Blue Area of the Moon as my battlesite, and I draw in my hand 1 Inhumans Activator and 1 Crystal Activator, would they be considered Duplicates?

TGW

Would you even be allowed to use Crystal as an activator due to the thick card stock?

Jack

Strangely, yes, it doesn't count as a dupe even though they both pick up the same cards.

--
Crystal was supposed to be reprinted in The Marvels because of the stock.

Demacus

So, you can stock 4 Inhumans cards under the site and run 2 Inhumans and 2 Crystal activators to reduce duplicates...
not to mention Beyonder... 

Don't know if that's a powerful battlesite, but that's a nice perk.

Jack

The problem with Inhumans/Crystal is that most of their Specials are OPD, though having the DS and EE would probably justify having an extra Activator in to get them quicker (DS especially).