Malice & MF

Started by AO user, February 26, 2015, 07:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

Spawn is KO'd before he plays living costume MF.   If Marauders play malice and use living costume are they making spawn specials playable by a frontline player or Marauder specials are playable by a teammate?  I think it's the latter but I've been wrong often.  :P

drdeath25

I am thinking it would let the teamate play spawns specials, since the exact wording on the card is "may play spawn specials". Since Malice if letting them play a special not playable by them, theres nothing in there that i would interpret as making it change the text of the special to let the teamate play marauders specials instead.

Where i get confused is what if you played living costume from a battlesite, then I would think the teammate would be able to play specials of the character who played the living costume, since you obviously don't have spawn on your team, if your using him on a battlesite. Right?

AO user

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/img/cards/overpower/1827/big/147.jpg I thought I read somewhere on the forum that you trade out card name with character playing the activator, but I'm not sure either.

BigBadHarve

Actually, if Marauder's Malice another character's special - it becomes a Marauders special now. So you'd be allowing the other character to play Marauders cards, not Spawn cards.

AO user

So what happens if Team-X plays the MF from a battlesite.  Is it like BEYONDER who doesn't have specials which means it does nothing or does it, in effect, transfer their IA?

Jack

Quote from: AO user on January 16, 2016, 10:09:26 PM
So what happens if Team-X plays the MF from a battlesite.  Is it like BEYONDER who doesn't have specials which means it does nothing or does it, in effect, transfer their IA?
The first. The teammate would be allowed to play Team X specials, which there are none.

AO user