Activator play, Special retrieval

Started by gameplan.exe, March 27, 2012, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Actually, BasiliskFang, I think you're sort of half-right in your answer...

There's something small that separates the two cards you mentioned. There is a sort of "purity" of the action that has to be considered.

"X card attack" is NOT the same as "Attack made with a X card"

So, Professor's AH woud not be effective against the scenario marked out by Demacus, but the Hellfire Club LO would/i] be effective. the key is the word "with," which makes it more inclusive.

Now, if Professor's card said, "No attacks made with Special cards..." then it would definitely block the attack sequence.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

man, overpower is insane.

wtf.

ENGLISH OVERPOWER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BasiliskFang on August 09, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
man, overpower is insane.

wtf.

ENGLISH OVERPOWER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

haha! "Do they speak English in What?"  ;D

For real, this is a subtle difference that can make quite a difference. See the I.A. for X-World, and the Aspect for Danger Room. The Meta Rules distinquish that these are very different - and really, that word "with," is making all the difference literally, too.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on August 10, 2013, 05:38:33 AM
so prof x cant play his AH defensively against say AR?

Professor's still blocks any attack that contains a Special, but let's examine this scenario:

White Queen plays her AA against Professor,
He blocks with his AH
She makes a follow up with her JW - but she can't play it against Professor now. Although the JW cannot be defended by a Special card, the AH is now already in play, and the JW is certainly affected by Specials already in play (as opposed to, say, an NJ Special). So, she can choose a different target with the JW...
Then, is she allowed to make the follow up (a Power card) against Professor? I'd say yes, since it's a Power card, not a Special.

However, what if Professor's card read, "No attacks made with a Special card may be made against Professor X," - then is it legit?
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27