Bastion Any Hero placement to Team OverPower

Started by thetrooper27, January 27, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

In the October tournament quarter finals I think, BBH was playing a guy that placed his Bastion to Team Overpower.  Placing it to the site is different than placing it to a character, because you can't place Any Heroes at all, unless printed on the card.  Placing Bastion to Team OverPower isn't placing via the text of the card (which specifies how the card can be played when placed), but instead by the inherent ability of the site (which breaks the rule of placing any hero cards).  So why can't you negate a regular special if Bastion is placed to the site?

Then in the finals, the gentleman playing Ghost Rider ventured 3 for the win he had one card in the defeated missions pile.  How is this possible?

And do I have to announce when venturing for the win?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

A Placed card is a Placed card. It's in its own sentence: If Placed, may only negate an "Any Hero/Character" Special.

I don't see anything wrong with his (Hot Rod's) venture. You venture two from the top to bring the Defeated Mission up to the Completed and you venture one from the Reserve to bring it up to Completed.

And no, you don't have to declare it's for the win, but it's common courtesy.

thetrooper27

I wasn't aware that you could get a card from defeated to completed in one turn.  That's new to me!  So if I have one in defeated, 2 in reserve and 4 in completed, how do I venture for the win?

Jack

You would venture 4, two from Completed and two from Reserve. You are only allowed to venture from the Completed if you have missions in the Defeated. Each mission in the Defeated allows you to venture at most two from Completed.

thetrooper27

So I venture two from completed and the defeated mission moves right up past reserve? 

Jack

thetrooper27