Wolverine EQ

Started by Kyoujin, January 20, 2014, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

Can I use Wolverine EQ from an activator in conjunction with an attack or defense?  I only ask as I've never used an activator in this manner.

Thanks!

steve2275

either
but if the attack fails both cards go away
its better if you can use it defensively
or just as its own action

AO user

So let's say wolvie's EQ activator is played on IQ invisible woman.  She wants to play the energy follow up to a TW card BUT only 6 AP is available.  Does the any power get the +2 because it's an energy action? ... And the TW bonus?   

Related question if  wolvie's EQ is played on 3 grid Thing does Thing get to get bonus w/o penalty?

Jack

The EQ bonus is only applied after the teamwork's bonus. So it'll be a 10 to defend.

Grid doesn't matter for EQ cards since you could potentially do Intellect actions with a 3-stat character (old Magneto playing his GJ and declared as Intellect).

steve2275

Quote from: Jack on January 07, 2015, 09:46:55 PM
The EQ bonus is only applied after the teamwork's bonus. So it'll be a 10 to defend.

Grid doesn't matter for EQ cards since you could potentially do Intellect actions with a 3-stat character (old Magneto playing his GJ and declared as Intellect).
the bonus still applies to the initial tw card doesnt it?

Jack

Quote from: steve2275 on January 08, 2015, 03:13:41 AM
Quote from: Jack on January 07, 2015, 09:46:55 PM

the bonus still applies to the initial tw card doesnt it?
No, IW is playing the follow up.

AO user

Yes, his Strength TW would start as 8.  The example above was for invisible woman.  Her energy actions ( not grid, thanks Jack) would be boosted .  I was more interested in the idea of using an any-power card AS an energy attack.  It takes its energy label from the teamwork card (must be energy follow up) but could she throw a plain, non universe card boosted Any power AND get the plus two?

Jack

No, if you were to play a 6A alone, it will not get a bonus from the EQ.

AO user

When played  defensively can it combine with MP PC if you DECLARE it an energy card or does it have be pure for EQ bonus?

Last one. Honest:  if played with an AE special like doc Sampson power punch: 4S + E PC. does it get +3 or +3 for strength AND +3 for energy PC?

Jack

Quote from: AO user on March 05, 2015, 07:31:15 PM
When played  defensively can it combine with MP PC if you DECLARE it an energy card or does it have be pure for EQ bonus?

Declare is fine, you choose which type of attack you use with Multipower Power cards. Doesn't need to be pure.

Quote from: AO user on March 05, 2015, 07:31:15 PM
Last one. Honest:  if played with an AE special like doc Sampson power punch: 4S + E PC. does it get +3 or +3 for strength AND +3 for energy PC?
I'm still wrapping my head around this. Strictly speaking, 4S + Energy Power card would technically be a Strength and Energy action, not a pure Energy/Strength action. Though, if you wanted to be extremely technical, you'd only allow single attacks to get a bonus with EQ because they explicitly say Strength and Energy actions are +2/3.

AO user

Quote from: steve2275 on January 20, 2014, 01:17:26 PM
either
but if the attack fails both cards go away
its better if you can use it defensively
or just as its own action

The wiki says the bonus stays even after a negate but I think there's a meta that agrees with you, Steve.

On a related note if Pym plays it defensively and plays a 4 MP PC as fighting does it defend up to 9 attack? ( IA + EQ's 3 + 4)

AO user

Quote from: Jack on January 08, 2015, 11:28:48 AM
No, if you were to play a 6A alone, it will not get a bonus from the EQ.

that would mean if Prof X plays his EQ that gives him -2 to energy actions, he could play 8 AP PC for the full 8, no? That would help defensively.

Jack

Correct. It is considered a pure damage and no venture unless modified somehow with a universe card.