HE/HL specials & Leech and Activators

Started by MHC, February 22, 2020, 08:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHC

Hi Guys,

I have been playing with the new rules and greatly appreciate how much easier this makes game play.

I have two questions about how the new rules interact with special cards:

1) I understand that Havok's HE special (the brotherhood) can be played defensively.  Can it be used defensively when a 7/8 power card attack is made against any of Havok's teammates or just against Havok? This question also applied to HL specials.

2) One of the changes to activators is that when they are played, then only have the icons of the specific special they are retrieving. I could not find a spot in the rules where it states what icons an activator has when it is placed or in hand.  Is it correct that when an activator is placed or in hand, it has all (3 or 4) icons?  More specifically, imagine my opponent has a placed activator, 3 activators in hand, and no other cards placed or in hand.  If I play Any Hero - Power Leech with Energy as the chosen icon, would my opponent have to discard all four of the activators, regardless of which specials are under their battlesite?

Thanks!

zippa_head

Hello, and great to hear you are enjoying the new rules. The whole idea was to make game play easier. To answer #1. Yes it can be played defensively and it works against any attack againdt Havoks team.

#2. Activators do not have any icons at any time. The specials when retrieved will have whatever icon is on them. Power Leech does not discard any Activators because of that mentioned above.

MHC

Thanks!  That's clarifies a lot thing (and explains why the activator cards in Rebirth have no icons).