Spawn Cartoon

Started by Palatinus, April 08, 2011, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Has anyone watched the Spawn cartoon from HBO?  I am going to be getting it and I heard it was good, but I've never read the comics so I don't know how it compares.

drdeath25

I have the 3-Season DVD Collection. It's MUCH more of a darker vibe than the Spawn Live-Action movie, but to me thats always how I viewed the Spawn character to be. Also, in my opinion the first season is much better than the following two. But still definitely worth a watch, let me know what you think.

BigBadHarve

Yeah, they're very well done. My only gripe is that there was no 4th season. It would have been nice if they finished off the story with some sort of conclusion....

That's the only reason I haven't bought the DVDs. I hate unfinished business.  >:(

-BBH

Overtime

I own the HBO series on DVD and does do the comics justice, unlike the live action movie =/.
Also, Keith David is the voice of Spawn if that's an extra selling point for you.

Palatinus

If I like the show I think I'll try reading the Spawn comics again.  I bet if I get past the first few again I'll start to like it.  Plus I don't like to use Overpower characters I am unfamiliar with.  Makes me feel less into the fun and more into the mechanics.  You know, just using someone with a teammate may avoid 9 or less. ;)

Palatinus

I started watching the show.  It reminds me very much of the comics I read.  I haven't gotten very far yet though.  The style is pretty unique and interesting so far though.

Jesse

Wow....I feel like I must be living in a box.....I had no idea Spawn had a cartoon series for a bit. Can't believe he got by with 3 seasons and I had no idea! 

......must....go....find....it......
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster