THOR - Movie

Started by gameplan.exe, May 06, 2011, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Kyle on May 11, 2011, 10:31:27 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on May 11, 2011, 08:17:10 PM
Quote from: Kyle on May 11, 2011, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: metaphist on May 11, 2011, 05:16:01 PM
Quote from: Kyle on May 10, 2011, 01:33:10 AMPlus, I admit to finding the whole Thor/Asgard/Nine Realms stuff just a little too cheesy.

I'd say that's more a problem with the lore than with the movie adaptation. Not something you can really change, as opposed to Jane Foster's occupation. At least they didn't pull another Deadpool on us, though.

Yes, it is very much a problem with the lore, which affects my views of how good the movie is. As far as I could tell, the adaptation was fairly accurate... no "Deadpools" to be found, which I'm sure makes Thor fans happy.

Does Thor have a strong following by comic book fans?  I've always viewed him as a fringe character.  He has some interesting stories but not exactly an A-Rank character.

Well, he's a part of the Avenger's, and he's got his solo title, both of which have always done reasonably well... so I'm pretty sure he has his fair share of fans. Not at the Spidey/Batman popularity level, but more fans than, say, Ghost Rider.

Well, I mean anyone who hits 300+ issues on a solo series has to be pretty popular with some crowd  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Ranerdar

And he's 600+ on his solo series.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Palatinus

Quote from: Ranerdar on May 12, 2011, 11:10:12 AM

Is that at 1 issue a month?  Cause that would be over 50 years of Thor.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Palatinus on May 12, 2011, 11:42:35 AM
Quote from: Ranerdar on May 12, 2011, 11:10:12 AM

Is that at 1 issue a month?  Cause that would be over 50 years of Thor.

Well, 49 ish years. Since '62 I think.

-BBH

Ranerdar

Well apparently this needs some explanation. I was only going off that Thor #621 recently came out. However after some research. Thor debuted in Journey into Mystery #83 in 1962. Journey into Mystery was retitled Thor with issue #126 and remained so until Thor #502, then it went back to Journey into Mystery as #503 and dropped Thor. Then in 1998, Thor got a true first issue with Thor vol.2, #1. That lasted to issue #85. Then in 2007, Thor vol.3 came out. Again with a #1. Beginning with what would have been Thor vol.3 #13. It was renumbered as Thor #600. So, to the best of my mathematical abilities, the actual Thor comics break down as:

Journey into Mystery/Thor : 420 issues
Thor vol.2 : 85 issues
Thor Vol.3 : 33 issues (and counting)

Making a total of 538 Thor comics.

As a side note Thor #622 will be renamed again back to Journey into Mystery #622.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

CoS

I very much enjoyed the move! 2 thumbs up.

Dark_Lord_Tarkas

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Much was exactly as it should have been from the comics, and what wasn't - very unexpectedly - was in some cases actually better. And that's coming from someone with Thor as a top Marvel hero. Great film all around, I couldn't have been happier that so much of the film took place in places other than Midgard, and that there were SO MANY references to Norse mythology, nearly all of which were spot-on.
(I used to be Karmanal of Zert here.)

The Dude

I was kind of meh on this, but admiteddly Thor is not a favorite of mine. I've found the other two super hero movies this summer much better. My favorites things in this movie were the two scenes building towards Avengers more than anything in the main plot. Plus I am so sick to death of this 3-D nonsense, which didn't help either.

Jesse

Quote from: steve2275 on March 28, 2012, 09:54:46 PM
i bought the dvd but yet to watch it

It's pretty good. My favorite part was the 2 minute cameo by Jeremy Renner.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Jesse

Quote from: steve2275 on March 29, 2012, 08:30:03 AM
well
i did see it in the theater when it came out :)

I saw it in the theater and liked it and liked it a little less on dvd - but I am assuming that was because I already knew what was going to happen in the entire movie....
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster