Avengers: The Movie

Started by gameplan.exe, May 04, 2012, 06:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Thor 2 - er - the Avengers movie... was sa-WEET!!!

I won't post any spoilers or anything, but I really had no complaints. I'm not a huge Avengers fan, but I do like Thor more than most X-Men (saying a LOT), and they did him great justice.

Excellent action
Great plot movement
Good acting
Great special effects
Great humor

Oh, and one more thing; while they do give some post-movie content pretty much immediately following the movie, it's not all. There's a little something extra at the very end of the credits  ;)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

I'm going tomorrow.  My wife and I still have to finish up our marathon of the lead in movies tonight.  Thanks for the heads up on the after credits.  Now I won't have to be searching on my phone as the credits role to find out if I should sit it out.  Super-excited for the movie.

BigBadHarve

Yeah, it was a blast. Definitely do the build-up, there are a lot of plot references from the other films that will be lost on you if you don't.

-BBH

Palatinus

Quote from: BigBadHarve on May 04, 2012, 10:35:10 AM
Yeah, it was a blast. Definitely do the build-up, there are a lot of plot references from the other films that will be lost on you if you don't.

-BBH

I figured that would be the case.  As I re-watch the films all together I'm seeing things I didn't see before as well.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on May 04, 2012, 09:54:00 AM
I'm going tomorrow.  My wife and I still have to finish up our marathon of the lead in movies tonight.  Thanks for the heads up on the after credits.  Now I won't have to be searching on my phone as the credits role to find out if I should sit it out.  Super-excited for the movie.

dude, seriously, one of the theaters in town ran a marathon starting at 11am playing IronMan, Hulk, IronMan2, Thor, Cap'Am, then the midnight release of Avengers! there was a 30 min break between each movie (to grab a bite to eat, for example). The tickets were only $20, then unlimited popcorn and soda for another $9! so, for $29 it was all-day-fun!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get off work for it, but Ranerdar did it *jealous*
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Bullio

I might actually go to a theater to see this.  Last time I actually went to the movies was to see 300.  Netflix Instant Watch has only made my general lack of motivation to go to a theater even worse.  I'm hoping I can work it so that I can see The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods right after.  Only reason I want to see Cabin is that I'm scared to death of any of it being spoiled for me, and am surprised it hasn't been spoiled for me yet.

Palatinus

Quote from: ncannelora on May 05, 2012, 02:13:21 AM
Quote from: Palatinus on May 04, 2012, 09:54:00 AM

dude, seriously, one of the theaters in town ran a marathon starting at 11am playing IronMan, Hulk, IronMan2, Thor, Cap'Am, then the midnight release of Avengers! there was a 30 min break between each movie (to grab a bite to eat, for example). The tickets were only $20, then unlimited popcorn and soda for another $9! so, for $29 it was all-day-fun!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get off work for it, but Ranerdar did it *jealous*

A theater near here did the same thing but with the way my work schedule is at the moment there is no way I can take any time off.  It was fun watching all the movies at home all week anyway.

Avengers was excellent.  I was really surprised at how funny the movie was while taking itself seriously the whole time.  The acting, action, dialogue, pacing, and script were all top-notch.  Even S.J. was great and I felt like she was going to be a let down.

Nate Grey

Loved the movie! Can't get enough of it even after seeing it three times.  ;D So many great scenes and just seeing all the comic book characters come to life on the big screen is truly a dream come true. Marvel pulled it off! Props to Joss Whedon who I knew would give us the best fan movie possible.