Can DO negate an AO?

Started by DiceK, May 16, 2011, 02:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

Scenario:  I have Captain Marvel on my front line, and turn 1 I play AY

2 Turns later my opponent draws a Beast AO and tries to offensively negate AY.  Can I then use DO to essentially protect my AY and Negate the Negate?

Am I clear enough?

I've played a card that says, "....for the remainder of the game".  My opponent later offensively says, "I'm going to negate that w/ AO"

I then try to use my DO "Negates the effect of any 1 special card played against Captain Marvel Only", to stop the AO.

Yes or No?

BigBadHarve

No.

The AO negate affects the 'opponent' not the 'target' therefore can only be beaten by another proper negate.

the DO negates will stop only specials that specifically 'target' that character.

-BBH

DiceK

gameplan.exe

You can, however, use an ED to negate an AO "attack"

Quote* UNDEAD STAMINA (ED) <MC> {C}
        Negates the effects of any 1 Special card. May not be used to avoid a
            numerical attack, or remove a numerical hit.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

You referred to AO as an "Attack".  I don't think it can qualify as an attack.  It's probably the most general language and most powerful special card in Overpower.

Nostalgic

Quote from: DiceK on May 26, 2011, 03:19:50 PM
You referred to AO as an "Attack".  I don't think it can qualify as an attack.  It's probably the most general language and most powerful special card in Overpower.

Any card you play that affects your opponent is considered an "attack".
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nostalgic on May 26, 2011, 04:24:57 PM
Quote from: DiceK on May 26, 2011, 03:19:50 PM

Any card you play that affects your opponent is considered an "attack".

Right. So, all I meant by "attack" was an offensively played AO. So, tracking the scenario listed above:

QuoteScenario:  ... I've played a card that says, "....for the remainder of the game".  My opponent later offensively says, "I'm going to negate that w/ AO"

I can play my ED defensively, in response to my opponent's AO.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

Don't all attacks need to be targeted?  If so, why can't I use AY against an AO?

Jack

You're targeting the opponent with the AO.