Chained attacks, what's legal

Started by Palatinus, May 03, 2011, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

Quote from: ncannelora on August 03, 2011, 10:32:40 AM
yes, if specified, you must follow card text. So, Gambit's AA must be a diff character. That also means that if your Opp only has 1 character left, you lose the follow-up. It also means that you cannot follow up against their Battlesite, as that is defined as a non-character.

yes, if un-specified, then you have complete flexibility, in terms of the target of the follow-up attacks. You can bounce around or continue to barrage a single person, or even switch to targeting the Battlesite.

Thank you. I'm getting back into the game and looking to teach my wife, so I want to be clear on these things.  Unfortunately, I'm starting to get in my own head about reading what's on the card and reading beyond that into some of the meta interpretations.  This board has been very helpful, but also raises more questions too!

gameplan.exe

Quote from: mattkoz on August 03, 2011, 10:49:46 AM
Quote from: ncannelora on August 03, 2011, 10:32:40 AM
yes, if specified, you must follow card text. So, Gambit's AA must be a diff character. That also means that if your Opp only has 1 character left, you lose the follow-up. It also means that you cannot follow up against their Battlesite, as that is defined as a non-character.

yes, if un-specified, then you have complete flexibility, in terms of the target of the follow-up attacks. You can bounce around or continue to barrage a single person, or even switch to targeting the Battlesite.

Thank you. I'm getting back into the game and looking to teach my wife, so I want to be clear on these things.  Unfortunately, I'm starting to get in my own head about reading what's on the card and reading beyond that into some of the meta interpretations.  This board has been very helpful, but also raises more questions too!

Sure thing. I only have answers because I've asked questions. Like you, I easily find myself getting in my own head about the wording in the Meta Rules or the cards themselves. You are correct, the boards are helpful, but like Hydra 2 questions pop up for every 1 that's answered  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

hawkeye
tripleshot to dynamite delivery to arrow assault to avenging archer

namor

quicksilver
rapid-fire punches to superspeed to hit and run
or
rapid-fire punches to fast and furious to hit and run
both are good 1 vs 1 chain