fv specials

Started by steve2275, March 31, 2012, 09:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

I think this is instantaneous.  Play with the Power Card you are defending with, and instead of throwing that card out, it returns to the hand for another go. So even though you play 2 cards, you only lose Elasticity, which would be the same as if you simply played a single power card for defense.

Jack

The "Play with" implies that it is instant.

Demacus

Personally, I find this to be an awesome defensive trick for Mr. Fantastic.  Even if you don't have the 8I to maximize it's effect, a 7I, 6I or even a 5 of any stat might be worth defending and flipping back to attack with.

Jesse

I love this card....have a 7 intellect in your hand...use it for defense...then to attack - its like having 2 7s!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

Quote from: Jesse on March 31, 2012, 10:29:31 AM
I love this card....have a 7 intellect in your hand...use it for defense...then to attack - its like having 2 7s!
i only had a 6 i

Jack

NickW proposed that this special should defend teammates as well:

http://overpower.ca/archive/Ripayuheadoff/marvelguide/FV.html

QuoteIn order to make this card more useful, I believe that it should be allowed to be used to defend a teammate of Mr. Fantastic as well.  To make this card even more useful, we could remove the One Per Deck status, but I think that change would be too abusable.

Jesse

Quote from: Jack on March 31, 2012, 11:02:24 AM
NickW proposed that this special should defend teammates as well:

http://overpower.ca/archive/Ripayuheadoff/marvelguide/FV.html

QuoteIn order to make this card more useful, I believe that it should be allowed to be used to defend a teammate of Mr. Fantastic as well.  To make this card even more useful, we could remove the One Per Deck status, but I think that change would be too abusable.

I could see how that would work out great for a team!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Demacus

If it can be used for the team, then I know who I'm using on my next team!

gameplan.exe

This card would be ridiculous if it defended the whole team! It is basically allowing for a duplicate Power card, but then you're able to use that duplicate to defend characters who couldn't have used an actual duplicate in the first place!

Also, along those lines, this card is SO GOOD when used at FFP!!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on April 03, 2012, 02:27:55 PM
This card would be ridiculous if it defended the whole team! It is basically allowing for a duplicate Power card, but then you're able to use that duplicate to defend characters who couldn't have used an actual duplicate in the first place!

oh crap  8)

Jesse

Quote from: steve2275 on April 04, 2012, 02:26:25 AM
Quote from: ncannelora on April 03, 2012, 02:27:55 PM

oh crap  8)

My sentiments exactly... 8)

AO user

On a related note:  I have Mr F in reserve.  I've placed his draw 3 OPD.  I have elasticity in hand.  Can I keep it because some specials allow attacking reserve (spawn, punisher, white queen, etc)  or does it get tossed UNLESS I can see one of those specials placed?  Orange King always smiled with glee when he blocks an attack to his teammate (FFP) with an 8 and puts it back in his hand.  Elasticity is deck worthy but if he's in reserve?...

Jack

Correct; unless you can see those cards or hold cards that can force the situation, you'll have to discard it as unusable.