CT (permanent shift) and standoff

Started by breadmaster, April 01, 2014, 05:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

we were playing a game and this came up

neron had a CT in play that shifted all attacks away from him.  another character was attacked with standoff, and I had mostly cards neron could use, so I shifted it back to neron and let it hit.

would the attacks for remainder of battle stay on neron, or get shifted away?  we played that they stayed on neron

for the record, the text of the 2 cards:

shift- All attacks made on Neron are made on Target teammate until teammate is KO'd.  Teammate may defend.

standoff- Only Wolverine and Target Character may attack, be attacked or defend this battle. Neither player may concede this battle.

odbjosh

BigBadHarve

Quote from: breadmaster on April 01, 2014, 05:52:22 PM
we were playing a game and this came up

neron had a CT in play that shifted all attacks away from him.  another character was attacked with standoff, and I had mostly cards neron could use, so I shifted it back to neron and let it hit.

would the attacks for remainder of battle stay on neron, or get shifted away?  we played that they stayed on neron

Was the Standoff played on Neron first then shifted to the alternate character by the CT? If so, then you wouldn't have been allowed to shift it back to Neron. Shift rule only allows one shift. The CT in play would have been your one shift.

However, if that alternate character was attacked independently, then you could shift the attack over to Neron, ignoring the CT.

Once Standoff lands, all other bets are off though, for shifting. No shifting can occur because only those two characters may be attacked. Strictly speaking, a shift is an attack on the new character.

breadmaster

yeah, that's what I figured, with a shift being considered an attack from a teammate, no further shifting