Basic Question about Venturing

Started by Kal-el, July 21, 2011, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-el

As I've mentioned a number of times, my OP playing friend hates missions and therefore I've only ever played 'battle-style' games.

In learning the rules so I can play with you guys, I'm a little confused by this:

<QUOTE>Mission cards that were Ventured from the Completed Missions Pile and won, enable the player to move a Mission card from the Defeated Missions Pile into the Reserve Missions Pile.

Also, for every two Mission card Ventured from the Completed Missions Pile and won, a player may move one Mission card from the Defeated Missions Pile into the Completed Missions Pile.  </QUOTE>

So here's my basic (and stupid) question:

I understand the first part. You venture from Completed and get to move one from Defeated. The second part, in my opinion, is worded awkwardly. What I think it means is that if you venture two from completed, you may either move two from defeated to reserve or one from defeated to complete. However, the use of the word "also" makes it sound like you would do both (move two to reserve and one to completed), which I'm pretty positive is wrong.

Could someone confirm? Thanks!

Ranerdar

The way it  was explained to me, was for every card ventured from Completed, you may move 1 Defeated mission, 1 space. So if you venture 1 completed, you move 1 defeated to reserve. If you venture 2 completed, you can either move 1 defeated to completed or 2 defeated to reserve.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Jack

It is indeed phrased awkwardly. The 'Also' part is probably just to emphasize it is the last in the list of possible outcomes of the venture.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Ranerdar on July 21, 2011, 02:09:36 PM
The way it  was explained to me, was for every card ventured from Completed, you may move 1 Defeated mission, 1 space. So if you venture 1 completed, you move 1 defeated to reserve. If you venture 2 completed, you can either move 1 defeated to completed or 2 defeated to reserve.

Yup. That's it precisely. You have the option.

-BBH

Kal-el

Thanks guys. That's what I figured.