Help with 8 STR deck.

Started by Uthanak, December 12, 2017, 10:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uthanak

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me make that deck work. I recently picked up playing again with my friends and we have our own meta an rules. I tried this deck at first, but keep losing. I wonder what I could do to improve it. I'm open to replacing any cards or characters except Doomsday and Darkside. Here is the decklist, keep in mind in our meta we house ruled that Battlesite, Event and Any hero cards were banned.

(51 total cards)                              Grid total:    (75)
KILLER CROC                 E: 4   F: 5   S: 6   I: 1   (16)

2x DUMB LUCK
2x SLIPPERY ESCAPE
WRESTLING HOLD

METALLO                    E: 6   F: 2   S: 7   I: 2   (17)

I'LL BE BACK!
MECHANICAL JUGGERNAUT

DOOMSDAY                   E: 4   F: 6   S: 8   I: 1   (19)

2x BONY PROTRUSIONS
ENGINE OF DESTRUCTION
IRRESISTIBLE FORCE
OUT FOR BLOOD
TOUGH HIDE

DARKSEID                    E: 6   F: 3   S: 8   I: 6   (23)

DESAAD
3x GRANNY GOODNESS     
LORD OF APOKOLIPS
OMEGA EFFECT
KALIBAK
Special: 20

Teamwork: 10
2x 6S EF +1+2
2x 7S EF +2+2
2x 8S EF +2+3
2x 6E FS +1+2
6F ES +1+2
6I FS +1+2

Power: 20
Energy:          6
Fighting:   5 5 6
Strength:        6 7 7 7 8 8 8
Intellect:
Multipower:1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (Just for the pictures since we don't use events.)

A-NEXT (homebase)
Team Overpower

Thanks for any help obtained, appreciated.

Photonicide

Hello Uthanak!

I also love Darkseid and it is great to see him on your team! This is my first pass looking over your deck and so many choices are not "fine tuned" by any means. One of the main focuses to deck building is maintaining card advantage. Some cards have some awesome effects but if they lose you your card advantage they may not help you win the battle/game. For this reason, I will be choosing some different specials for your Characters. I am also adding Blob for his teammate avoid and Beast: The Brute for his negates. Defensive specials can really help! I am also adding more power cards as you need a lot to support the large number of teamwork cards and to have some power cards for defense. I am including the energy power cards as that is what you will be typically using with your teamwork cards. I did this to reduce the worry about the Multipower fusion rule as often. This has been hard as I typically am able to include enough cards from Any Character specials or activators to not have to have so many power cards or teamwork cards. Play test it a bit and make tons of changes that fit your play style but I hope this helps!

Doomsday 4 6 8 1 In reserve
Bony Protrusions

Darkseid 6 3 8 6
2x Dasaad
2x Kalibak
Lord of Apokolips
Omega Effect

Blob  4 5 6 1
2x Avalanch
2x Blubber Block
Sumo Slam

Beast: The Brute  3 6 7 1
3x Analyze
2x Bestial Brawn
Drop Kick

Teamwork: 8
2x 6S EF +1+2
2x 7S EF +2+2
2x 8S EF +2+3
1x 6F ES +1+2
1x 6I FS +1+2

Aspect: 1
A-Next

Power: 24
1: 3xMultipower
2: 3xEnergy
3: 3xEnergy
4: 3xMultipower
5: 3xStrength
6: 3xStrength
7: 3xStrength
8: 3xStrength

Uthanak

Thanks a lot for the help! Recently I pondered playing this deck with Darkseid in reserve and adding Shadowking and Reyes for her cleric/teammate avoid. I would reduce the number of teamwork to 1 of each I can play. I realized that Granny goodness was a bad card to build around. Blob and Dark beast is interesting, I guess I have a lot of playtesting to do. Thank you, kind regards.