Image Version 2.1 Image 2 Set (Print Shop Ready)

Started by fennshysa, September 29, 2022, 07:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fennshysa

Added Prophet and Vanguard. I"ll add text later.

Majestic

Quote from: justa on September 30, 2022, 12:40:26 PM
justa adding my unsolicited opinion:

i see no problem with Timmy being non-OPD, despite the possibility of a "stack factor".  this is based on several considerations.
A) how many Timmy's are you going to put in your deck?  it adds nothing to current venture total, nor does it do any damage.  so that puts you at a 1 card disadvantage this hand on the hope of a future reward.  getting duplicates of Timmy in 1 hand just makes it that much worse.
B) how many Ally cards to you carry in a deck?  keep in mind that each Ally card MUST be followed up by a character-specific special.  in my own playing experience, any more than 3 in a relatively minimum sized deck (56-60) becomes a problem due to lack of Special support or placing slots.  (larger deck sizes have their own disadvantages that i won't go into here.)
C) even if you stack 3 Timmys (at least 3 hands, probably more), what have you really gained?  you've upped a level 3 to a level 9 for attack value only (not damage or VT), for which there are still several Special card codes that can defend.
D) when you get down to the end game (1 character left), the Allies become dead weight (unusable) due to no teammate along with the Timmys.

i guess my bottom line is do what you determine to be best.  i can go either way with it.

I agree with this.  I rarely use more than a single Ally in a deck.

justa

Prophet is definitely Volume 1 from the 90s.  not really sure he deserves the 4 Intellect.  but nice spread on the specials.  (the 10s reboot of Prophet was more complicated - specials would be a bitch.)

i've never read a Savage Dragon comic, though i did see a few episodes of an animated series way back (until the kids complained to watch something else in that time slot).  Vanguard seems/feels familiar, but i really can't say from where or when.

Roxanne Wells - combo of a regular AM with a nerfed BQ.  might i suggest rewording the 2nd sentence - "May place any Ally card usable by Vanguard from Draw or Dead Pile in hand.  Reshuffle used Pile."  (approximately 7 characters less, & more precise as to intent.)  as for its usefulness - i guess if a teammate has a special placed or in hand ready to use...  not a guaranteed score, but a calculated risk.  quite elegant.