Templates

Started by Bloodwurm, October 13, 2022, 09:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodwurm

Hi!

All the content fennshysa and justa keep getting out is really tickling my own desire to make cards (even though I haven't played the game forever!). But alas, to be honest, I'm not super great with editors like Photoshop or Gimp or whichever. And well, let's be totally transparent here, If my first steps are to create some templates, I'm probably never going to get to creating cards in the end (I know it sounds somewhat lazy but we all have so much time to invest in these types of interests). With some working templates I can create content and learn how it's built.

First question would be: what tool do you guys use to create your cards?
And then, humbly, second question would be: is anyone willing to share any template they have, directly or publicly?, so I can start the process, more or less running :).

Thank you in advance!
Bloodwurm

justa

all you really need is a drawing program that allows inserting pictures.  i use an old version of Microsoft Visio (2007).  (i believe there is a more up-to-date version in Microsoft Office 360.)
i downloaded the icons from somewhere that i don't remember, but i believe it was from this forum.
text boxes are text boxes - most any drawing program will allow you to insert them.
as far as picture (art) manipulation, such as deleting text bubbles or other unwanted items, i used to copy parts of the drawing and cover those unwanted items up (what i call "brute force editing).  now i use Paint 3D (comes with Windows 10), which has a "magic eraser" that not only deletes selected objects but also auto-fills the space (albeit sometimes with disastrous results).
i'm not aware of any method to make my Visio templates usable in other programs.

fennshysa

I use a 20+ year old version of photoshop (7). Works perfectly for my needs. I tried to switch to gimp once because that is free but it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to learn something new for just my hobby.

I also happily share my templates if you can use the photoshop ones. Mine have been crafted over the last decade from resources that others on this forum have shared. Most have fonts and spacing that are pretty close to official now. Just send me a private message with your email and what you want. I've got all kinds. 3.5 x 2.5 and ones with a bleed border for printshops. Marvel, DC, Image and most of the fonts you'll need. I also have the Valiant and Malibu templates now.

Alas, i've never even seen microsoft visio so i don't know how they'd import.

Bloodwurm

Sent you a PM on the board, thx for the help fennshysa!

fennshysa

PMd you as is did not get a message from you.