Ultimate Spider-Man & Miles Morales

Started by mattkoz, August 03, 2011, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

Can someone bring me up to speed here? How did Peter "die"? Where do you think they are going with this Miles Morales as Spider-Man? I know I'm the guy with the Scarlet Spider avatar, but I don't know about this.

I put "die" in quotes, because we know they almost always find a way back from that. Is Peter truly dead in this series?

Ranerdar

** WARNING SPOILERS TO FOLLOW **

Norman Osborn, thought to be dead and de-powered, turns out to be alive and fully powered. He breaks out of S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and releases Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, Kraven, and Vulture. Peter gets a call from MJ advising Green Goblin is alive, on the loose and wants to kill him. She suggests Peter head home to protect Aunt May and Gwen. On the way back, Peter finds the body of Doc Ock, killed by Osborn for refusing to take revenge on Peter. He also sees the Punisher holding a gun on Captain America. I don't remember what for. But Peter jumps in front of Cap, taking the bullet in the stomache.

Meanwhile, Kraven has tracked Peter's scent back to his house and the villians find Bobby Drake and Johnny Storm. The fight for a while until Peter shows up, wounded. The villians start beating the crap out of Peter. Electro is about to finish of Peter, when Aunt May pops up with a gun and shoots him in the chest, resulting in a shock that also takes out everyone else but Osborn. Osborn and Peter start to fight, with Green Goblin getting the upper hand.

Suddenly a van smashes into Osborn. The van is driven by MJ. Peter and MJ have a brief reunion. Osborn starts crawling out from under the van, vowing to kill Peter and everyone he knows. Peter goes a little berserk, starts slamming the van onto the Green Goblin. The van explodes, sending Peter and Osborn flying. As Peter lays dying in MJ's arms, he says to May "I did it. I couldn't save Ben. But I saved you. I did ...."

And that is how Peter Parker died.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.